Tata Sky Plus Recording Failure

• Thread starter Thread starter jaypee307
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 16,208

jaypee307

ISP
BSNL
I have been using Tata Sky Plus (non HD) for 3 years without any problem. For the past two days, programs I used to record daily are not getting recorded. But if I press REC button, the current program gets recorded.Anyone facing the problem?Thanking you,Jose.

There are some goof ups on their side for series recordings. Series are not being identified properly, and even if they do, they don't show the recording icon though they get recorded. Looks like a buggy software update to me.

Thanks for the reply.The problem I face is not related to Series Recording. Only current programs could be recorded. If I set a program to get recorded a few hours later, it does not get recorded. This is the first time such a problem has occurred in the 3 years of my Tata Sky Plus usage.

Hey man for the past 2 days i am also facing the same problem with TS+...I have the same problem of yours also an additional problem is that when i switch my TV in the morning it shows only Blue blank screen ...then i switch off the STB main power and then it works properly...when came back home in the evening yesterday i was surprised that TV programs which was supposed to get recroded it didnt get recorded but if I press REC button, the current program gets recorded....Today i would reset my STB and check out tomorrow morning whether the problem persists or not...

I suppose that the problem is due to the STB hanging (PC terminology). It does not do anything, including recording. Restart is the only option (same as PCs). I've noticed the problem of a program not recording only when the STB hangs, once or twice in the last 2-3 years, fortunately.

Thanks for the reply Aju. I think the problem may not be with the STB. We are in two different locations; on the same day, we get the same problem.Jose.

Im facing one issue .. If i set something for recording it sometimes disappears .. when i check the booked section its not there and then I have to again set it for recording and it happens .. this has happened 2 times with me while recording something on Sony HD and it happened this week itself ..I dont use the " Series " feature .. I book it manually everytime .. real strange issue ..

I have never faced any issues with TS+ for the past 4 years.....Now this strange problem is occurring....Any solutions for this?

I have never faced any issues with TS+ for the past 4 years.....

Now this strange problem is occurring....Any solutions for this?

Dont have a clue Aju. May be in a few days Tata Sky will rectify the problem.

Yesterday when i went home....the scheduled recording events didnot get recorded ...in fact i was surprised to see that i my schedule for WWE Raw program between 4 PM to 7 PM was not getting recorded and when looked onto the channel banner R thing was not reflecting then i pressed the R button it started to get record...then i did master reset hope to solve the problem and then put the STB on stand by mode...after 30 mins when i switched the TV again blue blank screen occurred...then i switched off and on the main STB power.... then the programs started to get record which was scheduled for that point of time...later yesterday night i didnt turn my off the STb to standy mode...in the morning when i got up...the STB was on stand by mode ....it could have happened because of my settings on Auto Stand By after 90 mins...later i switched the TV and STB ....blue blank screen was not reflecting and all the programs which was scheduled for recording got recorded properly..........

Hey man for the past 2 days i am also facing the same problem with TS+...I have the same problem of yours also an additional problem is that when i switch my TV in the morning it shows only Blue blank screen ...then i switch off the STB main power and then it works properly...when came back home in the evening yesterday i was surprised that TV programs which was supposed to get recroded it didnt get recorded but if I press REC button, the current program gets recorded....

Today i would reset my STB and check out tomorrow morning whether the problem persists or not...

I too am seeing this issue since Sunday. All scheduled recordings - series or otherwise fail to record. I don't want to reset and erase all my recordings. One of my relatives had come on TV and I had recorded that episode. I don't want to lose that recording.

Another new thing is that damn channel 100. Earlier if I am watching Sony 111, and put my set-top box on standby, then on switching on it would got to channel 111 but now it always comes to channel 100.

Is reset the only option? If yes what is the process? Has anyone got a response from Tata Sky?

I did the Master Reset; but still the problem persists! Advanced recording fails, but current program could be recorded. May be we need to call Customer Care.

Problem Solved! From the menu Organiser---->System Settings---->Tata Sky+ Settings---->Add to Start Recording; I changed to 2 minutes from 10 minutes. I don't know how this solved the problem, but the recording works properly now. Earlier too, the option was 10 minutes and woked fine till last week.Hope this will help those whose Tata Sky+ was not recording programs properly.

I did the master reset but still problem is peristing...From friday i am not switching off my TS+ STB...because of that all the programs are getting recorded...this is the only solution available to us at this point of time...