Will I be able to use 3G internet even though I've already subscribed to a 2G pack?

• Thread starter Thread starter remenomen
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2,512

remenomen

ISP
Fuckin' Airtel.
I've recently started using Airtel as my mobile operator when i moved to mumbai. I, foolishly, opted for the 2G internet recharge (Rs. 98/- PREPAID) instead of asking for a 3G recharge.I haven't had a really great experience with Airtel in the past, and i'm worried that when i go and get a 3G data pack, it wont work, and my money will be spent in vain. I had this problem with reliance in another city, and i DID spend my money(and lost it).Need help. Will the 3G pack be credited to my number, or not? And will i be able to use the 3g speeds, or will the data credit be taken from my 2g data limit? *sigh* QUICK.

i believe you can subscribe to a 3G plan even when you have a EDGE plan active.

check this for example.

not really. the above thread states that they do not disable the 3g plan and start charging you by KBs.

I've just activated it and apparently i cant use my 3G for tethering and/or a portable hotspot, because my phone automatically uses the 2g connection. 🙁 any workarounds?I'm gonna keep trying. Any way to turn off/destroy/annihilate/get rid of the 2g data altogether?*edit* B00P! Turns out my phone only uses the 3G connection when i cable-tether it, no hotspot though. Thank you, everyone.*end edit*