Line Interleaving in BSNL

Nikhil Soni

I have created many threads before regarding high ping in my connection..
From many days I was googling around the cause of this high ping ..
finally I have found that my Line is interleaved which is causing high ping in my BB
Somewhere I read that if latency is >23ms, it means that your line is interleaved ..
See the screenshots

It can clearly seen that the ping to my gateway is 60ms [actually 40ms but sometime bumps to 60 ]

Read on ..
I have collected many DSL stats from my neighbor/friend's connection just have a look [ They get 20 ms in 2nd hop and 60 ms till trace completes]

In all above case You can see that the "Interleaver depth is under limits"

Here is my DSL Stats

From my stats the interleaver depth is 64/8 [Terrible]

After going to all above screens I think that Interleaving is the problem of my high ping ( Please don't go to full trace as the routing sux in day and it's normal )
So I called to 1504/198/1957 all the numbers and asked them to turn OFF interleaving in my line and they replied ::

Code:
1. Sir, Can you please explain the term latency/ping ?2. Sir, What is interleaving please elaborate so that I can assist you on this ..
On listening this, I was amazed that what the f**k these guys are doing in the call center and who idiot has promoted them to this position ...
I disconnected the phone convincing myself that I will get any solution in local exchange..
Today I went to the exchange and explained the people present there about my latency issue .
I also explained about interleaving and again I got the same reply " What is interleaving? "
I asked them to send A proper technician who have proper knowledge of all the terminology used in Broadband. He said "I will send him tomorrow"
Since I can't resist the wait, I asked them to provide the contact number of the technician and they provided me ...

I called the technician and explained him about my problem . He said "I cannot do anything on this and this is not in my limits"
I was fainted .. huh..

After reading all this I want to know that to whom should I Complaint so that interleaving is turned OFF ??
Or is their any other solution to turn this interleaving OFF ? I mean that changing plan or disconnecting BB temporarily ?
Please HELP this is the last time I am posting here otherwise I will prefer to DIE :'(

PS : Avoid grammatical error if any .

No one 🙁 ??

They can't even do anything about their noise problem and you expect them to understand interleaving? I have fought for months about the noise with my line, escalated to CGM in New Delhi 4-5 times, still nothing, I was left with no option but to disconnect my line in the end.

Actually My line is not very noisy and noise is not the problem of high latency..You can see the screenshot I provided where SNR and attenuation are too bad but still the ping is good ...I cannot disconnect my line as BSNL is the only option 🙁

Nikhil,

There is only one thing you can do from your end, change ADSL2+ to G.DMT modulation on your modem. This will ensure you get better first hop pings. I'm not sure where exactly you can disable this on your modem as I have a different one, just check under DSL or ADSL (under Advanced Settings) and uncheck ADSL2/ADSL2+ and restart.

Unfortunately, there's very little you could do beyond this point. Ironically, I get better pings to your gateway! :
Tracing route to 117.219.224.1 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 9 ms 8 ms 8 ms 59.99.176.1
2 9 ms 8 ms 8 ms 218.248.174.202
3 48 ms 49 ms 47 ms 117.219.224.1

Trace complete.

Nikhil,

There is only one thing you can do from your end, change ADSL2+ to G.DMT modulation on your modem. This will ensure you get better first hop pings. I'm not sure where exactly you can disable this on your modem as I have a different one, just check under DSL or ADSL (under Advanced Settings) and uncheck ADSL2/ADSL2+ and restart.

Unfortunately, there's very little you could do beyond this point. Ironically, I get better pings to your gateway! :

Chnaged my Modem to G.DMT mode
Here is the tracert ::

Tracing route to google.com [74.125.135.101]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 41 ms 41 ms 42 ms 117.200.144.1
2 54 ms 74 ms 43 ms 218.248.173.234
3 97 ms 99 ms 97 ms 59.163.207.81.static.chennai.vsnl.net.in [59.163
.207.81]
4 96 ms 97 ms 97 ms 121.240.1.46
5 97 ms 96 ms 95 ms 72.14.233.204
6 126 ms 128 ms 129 ms 72.14.239.20
7 142 ms 141 ms 138 ms 209.85.242.233
8 143 ms 143 ms 143 ms 209.85.241.173
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 143 ms 138 ms 142 ms ni-in-f101.1e100.net [74.125.135.101]

Trace complete.

Still Same 1st hop 🙁

P.S.: I get 40ms in 1st hop [always] The 1st screenshot of 60ms was taken when my line was torned at it's best

They can't even do anything about their noise problem and you expect them to understand interleaving? I have fought for months about the noise with my line, escalated to CGM in New Delhi 4-5 times, still nothing, I was left with no option but to disconnect my line in the end.

You could have taken it to consumer court..
That s the only way to kick their ass..

You could have taken it to consumer court..
That s the only way to kick their ass..

Can you tell me where is the Consumer court ?
Any online way to register our grievance ?