DSL Broadband does not work in parallel connections

• Thread starter Thread starter aash
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 14,461

aash

ISP
ADSL
This thread is for all broadband (ADSL/DSL) users who face disconnection/breakage/fluctuation of ADSL/DSL link on their routers if they have parallel connections in there homes. ADSL/DSL broadband are provided by Airtel, MTNL, BSNL, etc.The recommended connection should be as follows (works flawlessly):Main line in house -> Telephone socket -> Telephone cord -> Splitter -> 1) One cord to your landline phone 2) Second cord to your router -> PeriodAll is well, if you don't wish to have parallel connections (means same telephone number in different rooms).What if Main line (concealed) in central location in the house and cords (concealed) running to each bedroom and living room? Even if the cords are not concealed and you have a joint in the line connection, the ADSL/DSL link will break as soon as you receive a call or you pick up the receiver to make a call.

What if Main line (concealed) in central location in the house and cords (concealed) running to each bedroom and living room? Even if the cords are not concealed and you have a joint in the line connection, the ADSL/DSL link will break as soon as you receive a call or you pick up the receiver to make a call.

There is no option but not to have a parallel connection. I have MTNL broadband and the exchange was far away earlier. ADSL was not steady when I connected phone line without ADSL splitter. MTNL has setup an exchange near my place and I can connect a parallel line and ADSL will hold, though speed drops.

While the adsl modem can only be installed at one place, you can install as many telephones you want, in every room. Been using such a setup for a long time.No speed drops and connection stays stable.

While the adsl modem can only be installed at one place, you can install as many telephones you want, in every room. Been using such a setup for a long time.

ADSL modem can also be setup in different rooms for the same line. I'm not sure how does it work if all of them are switched on at the same time :stupid:

Can you explain here how have you setup such a connection if the main wire coming inside the home is concealed and other wires for different bedrooms and living room are also concealed? The issue is, I live in a 3BHK home and wish to use only one MTNL number for landline as well as broadband purposes. My home has concealed wirings. In my earlier home which was 1BHK with unconcealed wiring, the MTNL ADSL/DSL link use to drop every time the phone rang or someone picked up the phone receiver to make a call.

While the adsl modem can only be installed at one place, you can install as many telephones you want, in every room. Been using such a setup for a long time.

No speed drops and connection stays stable.

First you need to decide at what place you'd like to install your modem. For ex, at my place, Ive installed it in the store room by splitting the line into two - an adsl only component and a phone only component. Basically, ive installed two telephone jacks in the store room, creating a sort of a switch. Now, one jack gets the source line, and the wire which connects to that jack goes to the splitter. The splitter sends one line to the modem and the other line labelled 'phone' to the other jack which then goes to every room and so. No idea about how one goes about creating that switch, I just told the electrician what i wanted (2 diff jacks, and the way i wanted to split the line) and he took care of the rest.

I do have a somewhat similar problem.I have a Reliance broadband and the link drops suddenly and lights up after 30 seconds or if i restart the Modem manually then it comes back immediately.There is a splitter involved too but the phone was disconnected months ago.What can be the possible culprit?