Amazon Kindle Store launched in India

rodeoz

Mirror Cracking Material
ISP
Airtel
Amazon today launched the India Kindle Store on Amazon.com ( Amazon.com: India Content Store ) with the largest selection, including the most bestsellers, and lowest prices of any e-bookstore in India. The India Kindle Store offers over one million books, now available for India customers priced in Indian Rupees (INR), including 70 of 100 Nielsen Bestsellers. In addition, customers can now purchase Kindle - the world's #1 bestselling e-reader for five years running - at Croma retail stores across India.

The India Kindle Store features a vast selection of titles, New Releases, Bestsellers, and works from a range of Indian authors, including Chetan Bhagat, Ashwin Sanghi, Ravinder Singh and Amish Tripathi. Readers will also find exclusive Kindle books such as "Love, Life and a Beer Can" by Prashant Sharma, and "Reality Bites; a not so innocent Love Story" by Anurag Anand as well as over one million free classics available to download and read on Kindle.

"We are proud to launch this new Kindle store for Indian customers - offering Kindle book purchases in rupees and the ability to buy and read the work of many great Indian authors," said Russ Grandinetti, vice president of Kindle Content, Amazon.com. "In addition, we are excited to work with Croma to make Kindle available at retail outlets across India."

"We are excited to be the first retailer in India to offer the latest generation Kindle to our customers. This product will launch exclusively in all Croma stores across India at an introductory price of 6,999 INR," said Mr. Ajit Joshi, CEO and Managing Director of Croma. "Kindle is the bestselling e-reader in the world and has revolutionized the way people read. Kindle wirelessly downloads books on a high-resolution electronic-ink screen that looks and reads just like real paper, even in bright sunlight."

(Source: MarketWatch)

Amazon.com: India Content Store

I don't have the patience to read fully. Can I use these books on Kindle app on iPad? The app says that I can send a mail to my registered kindle e-mail address and the book will be delivered to the app on iPad.

I have been waiting for this for so long. Let me check the prices and the content. I just might start buying 😀 I also hope the $s in my amazon.com account can be used for these INR purchases too

I think its just the amount will be INR, the prices are still going to be same? Correct me, if I am wrong?

right. if the prices are same as USA, it really means nothing. i mean would i be buying songs from Apple iTunes or Google Play if they are going to charge me Rs. 55 per song? Nope.

This is crap. First, the prices are just converted. I don't see any benefit from what is already in place now, considering we can use our Indian cards on their site. Secondly, I don't even see the Indian prices when I log in. I guess my account is American.

When it comes to online stores, the following will be the conversion rate:99 us cents will be 99 Indian rupees.

i do not understand the logic. i mean i have been told that a dollar is considered equal to 10 rupees while making comparisons right? you are saying a dollar is worth rupees 100 😕

It was me who was saying $1 = Rs.10 to admin, not in monetary value, but in terms of living standards of respective country people

i wrote considered equal to. not financially but in real world. i mean if you make 10,000 dollars in usa, it is like making around 1L in india and so on. you do not really convert USD prices in INR when you make comparisons like that.

Holds good for around 80% of normal stuff that is not affected by global standards.@admin - I am glad, you agree (partially atleast, if not fully) to what I was trying to say 😀

Consumers in India and UK tend to get ripped off by these US based online companies. Only Apple's app store charges us same as US.