Airtel providing 2 Mbps unlimited for 700 INR in Hyderabad

• Thread starter Thread starter ronnie_1712
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 4,251

ronnie_1712

ISP
BSNL
Just a quick heads-up guys. Airtel is providing 2 Mbps "unlimited" plan in Hyderabad, for 700 per month. There are other plans as well, but I found this one to be the best VFM. 2 Mbps till 10 GB, 256 kbps post that.

Other plans -

1. 1 Mbps - 550 pm, 10 GB - post 10 GB, 256 kbps

2. 2 Mbps - 1150 pm, 50 GB - post 50 GB, 256 kbps

3. 4 Mbps - 850 pm, 10 GB - post 10 GB, 256 kbps

4. 4 Mbps - 1250 pm, 50 GB - post 50 GB, 256 kbps

Not sure if these are limited period offers, but sound okay. Still nothing compared to You Broadband's 800 pm, 10 Mbps, 30 GB, 2 Mbps plans, though!

PS: my source is this pamphlet I was given yesterday -- www.i.imgur.com/LoLSN.jpg

Was it deliberalte attempt not to meantion means it does have fup

lol. almost all the plans from airtel are 'unlimited' in nature. unlimited is a funny term when it comes to service providers.

call it dual speed. It's true unlimited, not the ones where you pay after a certain amount of data is over.well I'm happy they at least don't charge post 10 GB.

Crawling @256kbps post 10GB is equivalent to commiting suicide.But, these plan rates are cheaper than usual.

that's what I'm paying for, with BSNL. No fup, but then it's 256k all along.

it's hyderabad. city of beam right? airtel is known to offer cheaper plans in cities where there is serious competition.

Irony is the FUP of the 700 plan you mentioned is not seen because of the light lol.
Yeah but he's mentioned it in his post.

it's hyderabad. city of beam right? airtel is known to offer cheaper plans in cities where there is serious competition.

yeah, but I don't know, many friends have complained about Beam's services.

Its a shame that in the year 2012 256 kbps and 512 kbps even exist .... Post FUP should be better atleast 1mbps ...

Its a shame that in the year 2012 256 kbps and 512 kbps even exist .... Post FUP should be better atleast 1mbps ...
That would be nice, wouldn't it? At 1mbps, one can download around 10GB per day, 300GB per month. 🙂

To be honest, post-FUP speed should be relative to the initial speed. For example, Post FUP speed
For 1 mbps plans = 256kbps
For 2 mbps plans = 512kbps
For 4 mbps plans = 768kbps
For 8 mbps plans = 1 mbps
For 16mbps plans = 1.5 mbps

In this way, there will be an incentive to opt for higher speeds/tariff even if the datacap for all speeds is the same.