aircel 3g hoax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arabinda Sen

I reside in the Hooghly district, W.B (PIN 712258). I was misguided by the hypes and hyperbole of aircel 3g/unlimited plan etc etc. I also tried a new connection and tried their Rs.16/- pack. First I ensured that my area is already under their 3g service coverage. When I used their 3g pack I found the connection is extremely unstable, evanescent, and when at all the connection is had, it is very low and unworkable. I took up the matter with their helpline by sending e mail. Then their service representatives twice contacted to each of who I explained the issue separately. Although they assured me to look into the case, nothing could be done by them, as it appeared to me when I spent to purchase another pack to try any improvement. I was again disappointed. My experience sofar forces me therefore to conclude that their 3g offer, although appears cheap and attractive on the face of it, is actually a hoax. In fact while writing this post I failed to connect to their service, and then used my bsnl 3g connection to complete this !! So my advice to fellows, don't be fooled by their ad hypes.

well you have to understand that it is impossible to guarantee a definitive service quality on wireless connections. some folks here on the forum are fairly happy with aircel 3g. others are not probably. it just depends upon congestion and coverage in your locality.

Depends on area.. For me Aircel 3g is awesome.. I recharge rs16 for 3days 3.6mbps cap.. When I input the sim to ZTE MF190, I get speeds around 400-500kB/s average.. hardly goes less than 300 at any time of the day.. for rs16 I don't think anyone can beat it... and when 3g data is finished, speed is reduced to 20-25kB/s average..

Aircel 3G is not present in your area that's why you face difficulties. My Aircel 3G speed is very good. I get speeds around 300-400kB/s average.

Yes their 3g network IS present and I can see it on the data card's indicator. Only thing is their 3g connectivity is very poor as I v said in my post. It is true.

You are lucky. That's the speed when I try my vodafone and bsnl 3g enabled sim - more than that. Worst is Aircel. But the point I tried to drive home to you guys is that the company people, even when apprised of the problem, is not responsive.

You have stated 'definitive service quality'. I don't know how to define a quality that is nowhere. That being so, the company should not sell their product without first addressing the service quality issue. And then, the company after being approached regarding the issue, is unresponsive. Is it support worthy?

Status
Not open for further replies.