Anyone here on 8/16mbps (or faster) plan on Airtel Broadband?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 4,216
so even you guys are stuck with .8mbps upload speeds? or this is an anomaly?

Yep, 0.8 mbps is definately NOT an anomaly. It's more like the norm.
https://www.speedtest.net
Wait, are the 8mbps plans available in Chennai? I am assuming you're from Chennai because the speedtest says you're located less than 50 miles from the Chennai server.

Wait, are the 8mbps plans available in Chennai? I am assuming you're from Chennai because the speedtest says you're located less than 50 miles from the Chennai server.
Yes. It's available in Chennai. I've got Rapid plus 75GB for Rs. 2150. If your attainable line rate is good, then you can get it too.

I don't see it on the Airtel website and when I e-mailed them earlier this month, they said the 8mbps plans aren't available in Chennai. A couple of days back, I even got a call from Airtel and when I asked about faster plans than 4mbps, I was told that there are no such plans at present and that they will be available soonish. What's the highest datacap available on 8mbps plan and how much does it cost in Chennai?

Yes, unfortunately these plans are not on the website. Email them. Remember that calling CC is a hit/miss affair.I knew they had it in Chennai when a user from another forum posted his 8mbps speedtest result.I emailed them on the 5th about this & they replied the same day, saying that these plans were available.The highest is 150GB @ Rs. 2550.

I'll email them again. Looking at Delhi NCR plans, the post-FUP speed for Rapid 175 (Rs.2599) and Rapid 80 (Rs.2099) is 512k. What's your post-FUP speeds?

I'll email them again. Looking at Delhi NCR plans, the post-FUP speed for Rapid 175 (Rs.2599) and Rapid 80 (Rs.2099) is 512k. What's your post-FUP speeds?

512kbps.

It looks like they also have a Free call value of Rs. 500 or 500 minutes on these plans. Is that true?

Anyone from Mumbai successful in getting these plans? Emailed CC as recently as last week but they replied saying there are no plans beyond 4Mbps in Mumbai.