Airtel Broadband Fibrenet FTTH Plans for Delhi NCR!

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 90
  • Views Views 44,136

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Mathew pointed me out to these new plans.

Fibrenet 175 GB
Rs. 5299 per month
100Mbps till 175GB,512 kbps post that

Fibrenet 30 GB
Rs. 1599 per month
16 Mbps till 30GB,512 kbps post that

Fibrenet 40 GB
Rs. 3099 per month
40 Mbps till 80GB,512kpbs post that

Fibrenet 80 GB
Rs. 3999 per month
80 Mbps till 80GB,512 kbps post that

FTTH Sites? How does one know if it is nearby?

Ahem, Okay. FIVE F@#!@NG HUNDERED AND TWELEVE Kbps ON FIBER? WHAT THE HELL IS THIS? WHY THE HELL BUILD AN EXPENSIVE FIBER NETWORK AND WASTE IT WITH 512 Kbps WHO THE HELL DESIGNED THIS!?!

Ahem, Okay. FIVE F@#!@NG HUNDERED AND TWELEVE Kbps ON FIBER? WHAT THE HELL IS THIS? WHY THE HELL BUILD AN EXPENSIVE FIBER NETWORK AND WASTE IT WITH 512 Kbps WHO THE HELL DESIGNED THIS!?!
The marketing dept. Penny wise & pound foolish.

100Mbps .. tht is good now ..Although pricing and GB allocation is bad .. But still they r offering something decent in terms of speed ..Any idea wht will be the upload speed?

100Mbps .. tht is good now ..
Although pricing and GB allocation is bad .. But still they r offering something decent in terms of speed ..
Any idea wht will be the upload speed?

Who the hell cares, half of the things won't work because they throttle torrent data, I don't even get good speeds from link-removed anymore it's like they check if its link-removed and if it is then drop speed to 3 KBps, crossing that dumb 175 GB limit is piece of cake with 100 Mbps and then you are thrown at 512 Kbps from 12.5 MBps to 60 KBps, fun fun fun fun.

It's not as bad as it sounds - this *is* the kind of practice we are seeing the world over. However, the fact that 175GB is still the TOP plan is a bit disconcerting... you'd think they would be offering 300, 500GB and 1TB tiers by now - especially on Fibre!And considering the price of DSL with 175GB at 16m/512k is half that of Fibre with 175GB at 100m/512, I don't even think it's about the infrastructure, because DSL at 8mbit/s and Fibre at 8mbit/s (both 15GB FUPs then 512k) are priced at 1299 (DSL) and 1199 (Fibre)...It's all very bizarre - I'm trying to figure out the logic and pull the pricing apart to see if I can justify it and how.

Creating confusing tariff plans seems to be something that happens the world over. The percentage of ISPs/Telcos I've seen with tariffs that make sense is far smaller than the ones that leave me going "wait, what?" when I'm trying to compare plans.