• Thread starter Thread starter agantuk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 1,940

agantuk

Bhatakti Aatma
ISP
N/A
Not sure if this is the right subsection, but I came across this site when I had gone for a haircut.

My City Salon

These guys are a search portal for the salons in one's city, and also have a few deals, but they are all for ladies hair styling. One can book an appointment directly from the website 😀

Link not working

It is working fine here

Yup working now. Thanks

Sounds like a nice place to look up for Salons but Bangalore is not updated at all, not even one salon registered as yet. Most of the stores are from north india cities like Delhi & Mumbai

for someone who goes to the local nai and get a 20 rupee shave and a 30 rupee hair cut... this one has no use for me 😀

Its 40/50 for a haircut here. But, yeah pretty much the same as what I would say 😀

frankly speaking i am not even sure what i pay for a shave or a cut. when i go, he pushes this and that in addition to the shave and cut so the overall bill comes to around 100-150 depending upon the time. but i doubt the guy i go to has premium prices for shaving and cutting 😀

30 bucks hair cuts are still available? The cheapest I got in recent times was 50, and that guy didn't even have a proper seat, forget AC and all.

the dude i am talking about has his shop in a basement. has a working AC. prices are moderate. there are two other similar barber shops in my sector. so i guess competition keeps the prices low.

The guy who cuts hair at the saloon I visit is really quick, mostly switches on A/c when a customer arrives (not unexpected), but by the time I get to feel the breeze, my hair is already cut. Ofcourse, if there is a wait time, which is the case on Sundays, you get to feel a bit of it running.^Yes, you are right about competition. Within a 5 minute walking distance(radius), there are 5-6 shops in my area 😀

Well there are 4 salons in the complex I go to, and about 15 of them within a 200m radius. They all however seem to be part of a cartel - everyone charges 100 flat.

Yeah, if all increase gradually then there is a chance of it eventually growing to 100, but here it is cut throat situation. I dont find them always full or anything, so for them retaining customers would be priority, also I am not including the higher end saloons which comes with bells and whistles (there are 1-2 around of those types as well).

lol. i have been to these high end saloons and i get a headache seeing what all they do to justify the 10-15 times premium!

^ The latter one would not come for 100 bucks 😛 I go to something like the second one, but smaller in size. I do not mind the 100 bucks they charge considering the seat is comfortable, the sheets and other equipment used are hygienic and there is the AC of course 😀