Torrent Glossary

mreccentric

Addict
I got banned!
ISP
Airtel / ACT / BSNL
I'm new about knowing all these glossary terms of various torrent clients. I've posted an image, in which the torrent client shows 'downloaded' section. What does that denote? Downloaded in that day/hour/ever? I've also posted the same thing how it looks in a website. Please tell me the meanings of the terms enclosed in a squares. Mainly, i want to know what downloaded mean. Also, Local Peer exchange Peer Discovery, DHT and what nodes mean.
Here's the image

Lets keep this thread for all Qs related to Torrent Glossary.

AFAIK, Downloads: Numbers of times the torrent has been downloaded successfully

Local Peer Discovery: This feature tries to find downloads from within your local network / sometimes within your own ISP's network & hence giving higher speeds + saving on ISP's bandwidth

Found this online:
DHT - A distributed hash table (DHT) is a class of a decentralized distributed system that provides a lookup service similar to a hash table; (key, value) pairs are stored in a DHT, and any participating node can efficiently retrieve the value associated with a given key. Responsibility for maintaining the mapping from keys to values is distributed among the nodes, in such a way that a change in the set of participants causes a minimal amount of disruption. This allows a DHT to scale to extremely large numbers of nodes and to handle continual node arrivals, departures, and failures. Source: Distributed hash table - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Node is a simple networking term - denotes a device(like a computer), in this case "capable of sending/receiving data" i guess

AFAIK, Downloads: Numbers of times the torrent has been downloaded successfully

Local Peer Discovery: This feature tries to find downloads from within your local network / sometimes within your own ISP's network & hence giving higher speeds + saving on ISP's bandwidth
So, arent the downloads within ISP counted?
Node is a simple networking term - denotes a device(like a computer), in this case "capable of sending/receiving data" i guess
That number should be peers+seeds then, but in reality is verymuch more. Esp. when you download small torrents.

So, arent the downloads within ISP counted?

I guess the downloads within ISP are still counted with ISP's like Airtel, BSNL etc but there are some ISP's who don't charge for intra network bandwidth, For Eg: Hayai has Hayai Zone

That number should be peers+seeds then, but in reality is verymuch more. Esp. when you download small torrents.

not really sure how this works with torrents pal, need some experts advise ere

I guess the downloads within ISP are still counted with ISP's like Airtel, BSNL etc but there are some ISP's who don't charge for intra network bandwidth, For Eg: Hayai has Hayai Zone

not really sure how this works with torrents pal, need some experts advise ere
Thank You 😉