What is the minimum speed for Airtel 3G?

• Thread starter Thread starter dejan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 6,403

dejan

Regular
I got banned!
ISP
Airtel
I complained to Airtel CC and followed all their instructions but still getting only 0.5 to 1 mbps. Isn't that 2G speed? They told me 3G speed should be 7.2 mbps. Why am I getting so low speeds?

2G is 144 kbps ie around 0.1 mbps. They prolly meant that the max their network can offer is 7.2mbps in your area, actual speed will depend on the number of users.

Download in a 7.2 megabits connection will be around .9 MB per second so if your getting that then the speeds are good.

Download in a 7.2 megabits connection will be around .9 MB per second so if your getting that then the speeds are good.

No, I did a speedtest and 0.85 mbps as speedtest result

Speedtest.net measures in mbps. You cant do much if airtel doesnt have the capacity in your area.

When it comes to 3G you should check the network coverage of each operator before choosing one.

This is what I get:

Vodafone

I think you are not getting good signals.
Most probably getting only 2 bars

Same issue here. Initially I got speeds of about 4mbps but now they have dropped to 0.7mbps which is even less than what I get at 2G. I called them up and they later sent a message that there was a temporary connectivity issue which has now been resolved. Alas, the speed didn't increase. Later, I complained again and gave details of the exact location and phone after which I received a call saying that my 3G Services were not activated earlier and have now been activated. So they automatically deactivated my 3G services even when I was on a 250 rs 3G plan? Now their message says 3G will be active in 4 hours so I am hoping that I will get back the speeds again.

I think you can message 3G to 121 to check if your 3G hasn't been automatically deactivated by them.

Same issue here. Initially I got speeds of about 4mbps but now they have dropped to 0.7mbps which is even less than what I get at 2G. I called them up and they later sent a message that there was a temporary connectivity issue which has now been resolved. Alas, the speed didn't increase. Later, I complained again and gave details of the exact location and phone after which I received a call saying that my 3G Services were not activated earlier and have now been activated. So they automatically deactivated my 3G services even when I was on a 250 rs 3G plan? Now their message says 3G will be active in 4 hours so I am hoping that I will get back the speeds again.

I think you can message 3G to 121 to check if your 3G hasn't been automatically deactivated by them.

Just to update my 3G wasn't automatically deactivated by them - they gave that just as a LAME excuse and I continue to get 0.07 mbps compared 3.5 mbps + that I used to get 15 days back. After many days of calling, I've given up - going to deactivate the plan before the renewal date comes up. It feels like my speeds are limited to 0.07 by policy. It's like a FUP: if you cross 500 MB in your 1GB data plan, we will reduce your speed !

to answer the question in thread, I have used airtel and idea and BSNL as 3g providers, airtel was having speeds of 1-2 mbps down, idea has 1.25 constant, BSNL 1.5 down. was less concerned with up stream. but let me tell you I used to finish 1 gb in a month with moderate use every day.