3 modems and now iam with 4th modem help me

• Thread starter Thread starter mediarays
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1,135

mediarays

ISP
Reliance
Hi, I got 3 modems which is not working. The first modem D-Link GLB 502T was striked by lightening storm and whenever the ethernet is connected it stays no connection.And another modem ZTE 831 the ethernet port is not working properly.Then the third one UTStarcom UT300R2U which is bricked by upgrading firmware.So i am now connecting with a new modem.My question is as follows 1.Is it possible to repair a modem/router that was striked by lightening storm (Do not tell to replace the modem i need to find a solution as it happens frequently).Can i change that ethernet port (on circuit board which gets damaged first so will it work if i replace with a new port ). 2.If i buy a new ethernet port and solder on the circuit board of ZTE 831 replacing the faulty on will it work.As when i switched on the ethernet light glows. 3.The UTStarcom UT300R2U works strangely after an firmware upgrade.The power light goes off and DSL light glows and then back power lights on and USB light also glows.The modem is not detected.How repair or revert back to factory state. Please help.I lost more money on modem alone. Thanks in advance!

Just don't fiddle with any circuits unless you know 100% what you are doing cuz you have intention of soldering diff components from diff routers/modems.I have no idea which modem's good and which is bad so can't help ya in that but I think your modem that's upgraded can be reverted back to old state.Some other with this knowledge may reply to ya 🙂

Just don't fiddle with any circuits unless you know 100% what you are doing cuz you have intention of soldering diff components from diff routers/modems.
I have no idea which modem's good and which is bad so can't help ya in that but I think your modem that's upgraded can be reverted back to old state.Some other with this knowledge may reply to ya 🙂
Yes i am always play with these stuffs and finally end in miserable condition.
Thanks for the reply !