Guide - How to get your tikona connection removed / get refund / no auto renewal etc....

• Thread starter Thread starter alok5432
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 62,022

alok5432

ISP
BSNL
Dear Friends,

Those who have already gone through this or those who are deciding to get a new connection from Tikona or using Tikona and want to get the connection removed,

Pls read below carefully,

1) It's not easy to get the Tikona connection removed / deactivation of the account.

2) most of the time, even after you request for the account deactivation or even after your account is terminated or further ahead, even after removing the wifi router/connection from your home, Tikona keeps sending bills

3) They take 45 working days to deactivate your account. Meanwhile, if your account is due for renewal, they do it themselves without your consent.

4) They follow this regular malpractice of AUTO RENEW your account once it's expired. (as per your last working plan - monthly or quarterly etc.)

5) Even if you are not using broadband, they insist you pay the outstanding amount and if you don't pay, they hire a recovery agent / to send threats via email/phone calls, even intimate you about a fake court case they lodged in Delhi court.

I have seen no of users posting the same thing here at Mouthshut and many other forums like' *******************',' broadbandforum.co' etc. Many users are still struggling for resolution or settlement.

I used Tikona for 1 and a half months and after I realized I was cheated, I decided to get the connection removed. Accordingly, I asked for deactivation and a refund. After so many phone calls and repeated emails, finally, after almost 1 month, my account was deactivated. Afterward, when I saw my account details online, it was still showing' active'.

Upon asking once again, I was told that since the wifi router had not been collected from my home, it would show active status. Only after the collection would they do the final settlement. I had taken a quarterly plan and my renewal was due this 25th Aug 2012.

Meanwhile, I came across' Mouthshut' and other sites, by which I came to know that Tikona is notorious for auto-renewing your account and charging you an exorbitant amount, as I stated above. I panicked and started sending emails to customer care for NOT Renewing my account. I was only receiving AUTO replies with "we have received your email, we will contact you in 48 hours... blah blah".

I tried to contact customer care. Also, they told me the same thing that the account will only show deactivated when the apparatus would be collected (nobody was coming for the last 1 month to collect the same)

Finally, I did the following, and I got a confirmation reply the very next day. You can do the same.

1) you need 2 phone handsets. First, your registered no and second any phone with voice recorder facility

2) call customer care, put it on speaker and start voice recording on the 2nd phone.

3) talk to customer care in a calm voice, without them know that you are recording the conversation

4) Ask them for deactivation / NOT auto-renew your account/refund if any

5) While talking, let them say everything. If not, ask them to say the following by means of formal request or use your own skill ( careful not to reveal them about recording )
a) his full name
b) day/date of the conversation
c) confirmation that you are requesting for deactivation on this date
d) let them say that they would not auto-renew your account and if they do, you will not have to pay and ignore it
e) let them say the exact refund amount and by what time you would get the same
f) Any other dispute you have, All the above things they say over the phone, but they never give anything in written or by means of any other means. They never do what they say.

6) Lastly, say that you have recorded this conversation and would be used in case of a dispute. NOW YOU HAVE PROOF. Download your recording ( it shouldn't be more than 2-3 MB if it's in *.amr or *.m4v format ) and send them with the attachment, asking for acknowledgment.

Without this, I had sent at least 10 emails to customer care, for which I didn't get a single reply. After attaching this recorded conversation and writing everything in email, I got a phone call on the same day and got an email reply from them on the 2nd day, mentioning deactivation date, refund amount, NOT auto-renewing my account etc. Pls, note that I am YET to receive the refund.

Also, I am waiting for 25 Aug 2012. But now, I have written and recorded proof.I will update the same if there is any progress. Meanwhile, you could use this method to at least be prepared for a counterattack.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Alok

Last edited by a moderator:
This ISP bought 4g spectrum in a few states for about 1000+ crore Rupees. All the reviews I've read about it are bad. How the hell are they making money? lol

Because the company is solely making profit by leaching money out of customers without providing worst of the worst service.Their never provide correct informations about plans, the only ISP company in the world, announcing unlimited plans with ACTUAL limited plans. YES , their unlimited plans are actual limitedThe motto of this company cheat each of the its customer.

I had discontinued the Tikona connection and mail sent on 13-June-2021 and get feedback through a message he will discontinue the connection within 3-days and he took the cable under 45days, after 3-months again legal team calling me you need to pay some amount to Tikona otherwise you will get a notice from the court. A long discussion did over the call. I didn't understand why Tikona is doing this type bcz already connection and everything is dismantled. After that, I called to cc he is saying your account is activated. What is logic going on the backend side and cheating with other people?