Why Idea is charging for data roaming when non-other major players are?

Agarwal Atul

[OP]
Aug 15, 2012
Hi I have a prepaid connection of Idea which I have recently shifted from Vodafone as people talked about the Idea services but to my surprise Idea is charging for the data roaming on netsetter and/or mobile data roaming. None of the other big players like Vodafone, Airtel, BSNL and even new entrants like Aircel are charging for data roaming.Can any one from Idea tell why is it so?

hno3

Regulars
Jan 27, 2008
Delhi
This is the exact reason why I had to carry another sim card (Airtel) with me when I went to my native place so that I could use internet while travelling.

anubhav11

Regular
Regulars
Apr 29, 2010
kullu
for me also its the main reason that i ported from idea 3g/2g to vodafone 2g(no voda 3g in my state). Idea charging for both 2g/3g data on roaming is ridiculous.....

ideacellular

Regulars
Nov 26, 2010
Hi I have a prepaid connection of Idea which I have recently shifted from Vodafone as people talked about the Idea services but to my surprise Idea is charging for the data roaming on netsetter and/or mobile data roaming. None of the other big players like Vodafone, Airtel, BSNL and even new entrants like Aircel are charging for data roaming.

Can any one from Idea tell why is it so?

Dear Sir,

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. May we request you to reply to us with your complete account details such as Full name, Netsetter no., alternate contact number and the type of Inconvenience you are facing. Also mention the token ID 205IC271241 in the subject.

Regards,
Idea Cellular