Manual Connection and disconnection of the internet

• Thread starter Thread starter sukrutpawar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 3,350

sukrutpawar

ISP
Dataone Broadband
Hey there,I am using D-Link modem router. I setup the modem with it's installation CD. It automatically connects the internet through LAN when PC is turned on. I don't want the automatic connection that is always ON.How to set up a manual Connection of the internet with username and password? There is option of ' Create new connection ' in control panel > network connections. By using that we can set up a manual Connection and disconnection of the internet. But it doesn't work. If we create new connection and try to connect with that, 'ERROR No. 767 : The phone line is busy' occurs, because Internet is already connected through LAN. So, how to setup manual Connection of internet?Thanks in advance.

You need to change to bridge mode after logging into the modem.

Hey there,

I am using D-Link modem router. I setup the modem with it's installation CD. It automatically connects the internet through LAN when PC is turned on. I don't want the automatic connection that is always ON.

How to set up a manual Connection of the internet with username and password? There is option of ' Create new connection ' in control panel > network connections. By using that we can set up a manual Connection and disconnection of the internet. But it doesn't work. If we create new connection and try to connect with that, 'ERROR No. 767 : The phone line is busy' occurs, because Internet is already connected through LAN.

So, how to setup manual Connection of internet?

Thanks in advance.
rt clik on local area conection button and press disable to disconect and reconect , try this

You need to change to bridge mode after logging into the modem.

Thanks for feedback. Can you please tell me how to do this?

rt clik on local area conection button and press disable to disconect and reconect , try this

Thanks for feedback. I am using this method, but internet is not disconnected only by disabling the LAN. The line is ON and keep on downloading some stuff (updates etc.) continuously.

1. Type 192.168.1.1 on your browser.

2. ID and password is admin

3. Find VPI/VCI 0/35 entry, edit it. You will find an option to choose between bridge mode and PPPoE mode.

4. Create a dialer and use your ID and password on it to connect whenever needed.

3. Find VPI/VCI 0/35 entry, edit it. You will find an option to choose between bridge mode and PPPoE mode.

4. Create a dialer and use your ID and password on it to connect whenever needed.

in the internet conection under configuration(acccording to siemens c2110, dont know if available in D-Link), if choose dial on demand instead of always on mode in editing, then is it possible to have dialing mode

in the internet conection under configuration(acccording to siemens c2110, dont know if available in d-link), if choose dial on demand instead of always on mode in editing, then is it possible to have dialing mode

in the internet conection under configuration(acccording to siemens c2110, dont know if available in D-Link), if choose dial on demand instead of always on mode in editing, then is it possible to have dialing mode
Try it.

Then, you might have to remove all login information from the modem (username & password) & manually setup a dialer in Windows. That way, all your login information is in windows & you can manually dial in.
I know Netgear has an option 'Does your Internet connection require a login?' You would click 'No' you planned on using a dialer in Windows. Another make of modem will have similiar wording.

That's all I remember from when I used to use a dialer (a few years ago).

D-Link DSL-2520U, conversion from PPPoE mode to Bridge:

1. Login to your modem's web interface using the default IP: 192.168.1.1 in the browser url bar. Default Username/Password: admin/admin

2. Before you continue, backup your current modem settings. If something goes wrong, you can use this backup file to restore your modem to current state.

3. Remove your current PPPoE config:

4. Click 'Add':

5. ATM PVC Config:

6. Config Connection Type, as shown:

9. Save/Reboot. Done.

Now you'll be able to dial through windows, create/use windows dialer 🙂

Millions of thanks Romit. 🙂After following the procedure given by you, problem is solved.i can connect the internet using windows dialer.Thanks again.But, now green light of Internet indicator is turn OFF. Even when Internet is connected.Is it only lighten when connect through PPPoE (through LAN) or something?

Millions of thanks Romit. 🙂

After following the procedure given by you, problem is solved.
i can connect the internet using windows dialer.

Thanks again.

But, now green light of Internet indicator is turn OFF. Even when Internet is connected.
Is it only lighten when connect through PPPoE (through LAN) or something?

You are more than welcome, I'm glad I could help 🙂

The internet lamp/led will light up only when your username+password is dialed through the modem i.e., in PPPoE mode. Dialing username+password in other environment (Windows/Linux/etc) with your modem in Bridge mode will have no effect on the internet lamp. That applies to other modems as well.

Also take some time to secure your modem, change the default username/password: admin/admin, support/support, user/user at 192.168.1.1 > Management > Access Control > Passwords