Usain Bolt may play cricket in Australia's Big Bash League ???

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1,173

mhsabir

Xclusive
Staff member
ISP
Jio & Hathway
Bolt may play in Australia's T20 Big Bash : Cricketnext

Is he serious 😕

Negotiations are underway for cricket-mad sprint king Usain Bolt to play in Australia's Twenty20 Big Bash League, with Shane Warne leading the campaign to bring him to Melbourne.

Bolt, hailed by International Olympic Committee chief Jacques Rogge as the greatest sprinter of all time after three gold medals in London, played junior cricket before turning to the track and has long voiced a love for the game.

He said he wanted to play and had spoken to the Australian former Test leg-spinner.

"He (Warne) contacted me and asked me about if I am serious and if I really want to do it then he can put in a few words that should get it done," Bolt told Australia's Channel Nine television late Sunday.

"So we will see if I get the time off. I will try."

Some more details

Australia Cricket News: Usain Bolt open to playing in BBL | ESPN Cricinfo

One of the major issues would be whether Bolt could hold his own as a cricketer. Although he played junior cricket and famously bowled Chris Gayle in a charity match in Jamaica in 2009, facing the likes of Brett Lee and Pat Cummins would be another matter entirely.

In 2006-07, the rugby league star Andrew Johns turned out in two Big Bash matches for New South Wales in an effort to boost crowd numbers and attention for the competition, but the move backfired for the Blues. On debut, Johns batted at No.11 and was at the crease when New South Wales needed 13 from the final over to win, but his partner Simon Katich refused to put him on strike and the Blues lost.

"We're going to wait until the Olympics is over and re-engage with him and his management company," Clint Cooper, the Stars CEO told the Sydney Morning Herald. "We've got a couple of spots left on our list."

This is absolute rubbish , dont tell me you will see leander paes and mahesh bhupati playing in IPL now .. these t20 leagues are ruining the game bigtime ...

This is absolute rubbish , dont tell me you will see leander paes and mahesh bhupati playing in IPL now .. these t20 leagues are ruining the game bigtime ...
Well Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupati are totally different, Am sure they wouldn't have ever holded a bat in there life. And Bolt has actually played junior cricket before. It will interesting to see what happens, But I would be excited to see Bolt playing cricket.

He was actually run out in the charity game he played (apart from bowling out Gayle)

I guess Bolt bowling fast would be some viewing experience...he should break 161+ kmph record of fastest ball 🙂

I doubt you will have any control over the line or length or for that matter noball/wides. I doubt that he will be able to bowl fast & accurate at the same time (By fast I mean "Bolt" speed)