Broadband India Vs China

• Thread starter Thread starter stpmds
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 3,418

stpmds

for the last one week i am chatting with so may chinese friends, in various cities across china. I was surprised to note that long back they have abandoned ADSL 256kbps and has gone to 1mb connection wireless. when we struggle even to get 35kBps, they are far ahead of us. Recently a friend of mine who went to Beijing tells me that he was able use the laptop with the wireless connection very very easily. the rates were also so cheap, according to their standards. Laptops are very much in use, everywhere.next i was chatting with a friend in Paris. He was telling his wireless internet connection spd is 8000kbps. next i was chatting with a friend from Eastern Eurpean country, Lithuania. they say they dont use ADSL or cable, it is everywhere wireless 1mb connection.Also they use the internet to watch movies and TV programmes and no more cable tiv connections.though we are also developing , but the speed at which these countries are switching over to such advanced technology we will be in bullock cart age soon.out of the 3 countries i mentioned above, 2 are still state controlled and not capitalistic democracies, which we hope will take us to the developement we aspire. especially it is not sufficient Chennai, Mumbai, Calcutta, Delhi alone gets latest technology for communations. real deveopement comes only when all remote villages are integrated with all these cities by network. stpmds/10-10-06

my friend stayzz in china Doin..MBBS is...he is usin..DSL net...n speed of 1 MB unlimited..n for 6 monhtzz jus 1800 /- damn !! i will go to china soon...

hold ur horses.. japan is da sh*t when it comes to broadband... heres something i found at some website

Here in Japan, ADSL is a firmly established technology, with the locally owned arm of Yahoo, called Yahoo BB, the market-leading net service provider.

This summer, Yahoo BB signed up its three millionth customer for services running at eight and 12Mbps.

[/b]

12 mbps 😱 man

Till about a year and a half ago when i was in Canada i had Cable Internet @ 10Mbit for approx Rs. 1200 a month. Even the definition of Broadband there is speeds over 1500Kbps, that too is outdated now. :lol:

One of my friends in Canada has a "pipe" as in they have cable connections similar to us and they are given 100Mbps connectivity for a group of users. You pull whatever you can. You pay flat, something to the tune of 30 canadian $$s. No limits. No port blocks. Low latency connection. Very reliable service.

Good topic this..I just cant imagine why our babus in India are hell bent on not thinking beyond 256 kbps..its not just these babus..big corporates like Airtel, Hathway, Reliance, Sify also dont go beyond 256 to 300 kbps on the average. can somebody please explain this. Is there a law which says we are prohibited by law to keep our connections to under 256 kbps..Why cant they just provide higher speeds.wat in the bloody world are they waiting for ?

they dont because, they are making a good profit by milking us for pathetic bandwidth.. why should they provide more bandwidth for the same amount of money.. u can get a pack with higher speed but u have to pay lots for it.. maybe some foreign player will enter the market and change things or maybe the govt. owned bsnl might change things 🙄

nice report...can we dream of that day...lol QUOTE(stpmds @ Oct 10 2006, 09:06 PM) [snapback]64792[/snapback]
for the last one week i am chatting with so may chinese friends, in various cities across china. I was surprised to note that long back they have abandoned ADSL 256kbps and has gone to 1mb connection wireless. when we struggle even to get 35kBps, they are far ahead of us. Recently a friend of mine who went to Beijing tells me that he was able use the laptop with the wireless connection very very easily. the rates were also so cheap, according to their standards. Laptops are very much in use, everywhere.

next i was chatting with a friend in Paris. He was telling his wireless internet connection spd is 8000kbps.

next i was chatting with a friend from Eastern Eurpean country, Lithuania. they say they dont use ADSL or cable, it is everywhere wireless 1mb connection.

Also they use the internet to watch movies and TV programmes and no more cable tiv connections.

though we are also developing , but the speed at which these countries are switching over to such advanced technology we will be in bullock cart age soon.

out of the 3 countries i mentioned above, 2 are still state controlled and not capitalistic democracies, which we hope will take us to the developement we aspire.

especially it is not sufficient Chennai, Mumbai, Calcutta, Delhi alone gets latest technology for communations. real deveopement comes only when all remote villages are integrated with all these cities by network.

stpmds/10-10-06
[/b]

in india we only can dream of that day...
may yhe day come soon...
i'm on mtnl ,offering 256 kbps 20 in day 50 in night is the max..
buhu buhu
bye

Look at the countries he has mentionedChina, state controlled, they have very agressive development agenda there, they will claim they can deliver without need for market.France, same here, strong acent on infrastructure development.Lithuania- tiny country, most live in capital.Canada, most live along the border with the US, NATO member, so communications network developed in colloboration with US DOD. Of course they have great internet.I;m on 256k or close to it, know what, i only use it 50% of the time, damn happy compared to the nightmare i had before. Stuff comes down, RELIABLY.Don't play games so dont care for latency. The only thing i woudl prefer to see w.o lag is maybe streams or videos, but if u find a way to DL those too instead of streaming, you are fine.

QUOTE(dips0502 @ Oct 10 2006, 10:21 PM) [snapback]64812[/snapback]
Good topic this..I just cant imagine why our babus in India are hell bent on not thinking beyond 256 kbps..its not just these babus..big corporates like Airtel, Hathway, Reliance, Sify also dont go beyond 256 to 300 kbps on the average. can somebody please explain this. Is there a law which says we are prohibited by law to keep our connections to under 256 kbps..Why cant they just provide higher speeds.wat in the bloody world are they waiting for ?
[/b]

yes there are variurs laws of prohibition, ban blogspot.. somone has written bad words in his blog about our "Bhagwan saman" netaji .......
ban that site its spoling our child.... ban thus ban that.......

hay and you peps why ur taking like this about your mother country in this open forum?? u want it to be banned ? :blink:

they are not waiting dips0502, they r contineously filling their pocket.......
we have to wait....... until they die :angry: .

country like bhutan is set-up to provide 512kBps in dial-up throughout the country, by january 2007 ....... we are still crying for 256 in ADSL 2+ tech...

jai hind! not to feel low we indians here is somethign to be proud of
atleast we are ahead from nepal :- see this
http://nns.com.np/rates_dhoom.htm

bharat mata ki jai!

Why all friends of mine are in India??I was wondering if i had a friend doing an MBBS or MBA like course in any other country and he was having more than 1 Mbps speed connection and i could also write like you people. :lol: Stop Dreaming Better to go to Work. Our Govt has some more responsible things to do than this .For BB issues we have competition to take care. !!

QUOTE(gavnitsingh @ Oct 11 2006, 11:55 PM) [snapback]64930[/snapback]
Why all friends of mine are in India??

I was wondering if i had a friend doing an MBBS or MBA like course in any other country and he was having more than 1 Mbps speed connection and i could also write like you people. :lol:

Stop Dreaming Better to go to Work. Our Govt has some more responsible things to do than this .

For BB issues we have competition to take care. !!
[/b]

yup i stopped dreaming....
As Our Govt(politicians, not all but most of 'em) has some more responsibilities, like opening accounts is swiss bank, sending their child abroad for study, thniking od doing big scams rather thinking about the developement of india, (in any ways) . :blink: