How to reclaim the deleted partition in Windows7 ??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolvaibh2009

ISP
BSNL
Hello members, how are you all? I have Win7 installed as my OS. In my desktop I have 2 different physical hard-drives. First one is 40 GB which is whole C-Drive without any partitions. Now the other hard-drive is having capacity of 500 GB, which I had divided into 4 partitions namely D, E, F (each 100 GBs) and the last one is G-Drive with 200 GBs capacity.Now, 2 days back I had used Win7’s inbuilt Disk Management tool and had shrunk my D-Drive by 15 GBs. Hence, I had got a new partition with 15 GBs capacity which I named as Z-Drive (just to recognise it very easily). Today my work was over and I had no need for that Z-Drive anymore so I just explored ‘My Comuter’ and formatted Z-Drive using right-click context menu. After formatting Z-Drive I started Disk Management tool. I just right-clicked Z drive and clicked ‘delete volume’ so that I may get that much space as ‘Unallocated’ and then I would again extend the D-Drive (or so I thought). But when I deleted my Z-Drive, don’t know how but G-Drive also got deleted along with it and now both Z and G drives are shown by green color in Disk Management tool and they are showing their capacity (15 GBs and 200 GBs respectively) as free space!!!!!!I have a lot of crucial and important data and files on G-Drive. How this G-Drive got deleted automatically along with Z-Drive?? And I haven’t formatted G-Drive, are my files and data still present on G-Drive??? After all this I right clicked 200 GBs partition (G-Drive) and selected ‘New Simple Volume’ and followed the steps accordingly (I had checked ‘Do not format partition’ while creating ‘New Simple Volume on that green colored 200 GBs space ) but this tool waits for 3-4 minutes and gives error message as “The operation failed to complete because the Disk Management console is not up-to-date. Refresh the view by using the refresh task. If the problem persists close the Disk Management console, then restart Disk Management or restart the computer”.I had refreshed and restarted the computer several times after that and tried to create that ‘New Simple Volume’ but every time the same error-message pops up. First of all please tell me is my data still safe on that 200GBs space (as I had checked ‘Do not format partition’ while creating ‘New Simple Volume’)????? And then please suggest me how I can convert that 200 GBs space into G-Drive?????I am very much tensed as I have a hell lot of important data and files on G-Drive!!!!!! Please help me members if there’s any solution to this……….

Your data is still there but if you keep formatting it and screwing around with creating and deleting partitions, it might not be and/or may cease to be intact because it messes with the partition tables, so stop using Windows Disk Management for a start.

EASEUS partition manager has a recovery wizard and is free - this should allow you to restore your partition as it was, but can also resize/merge on the fly (except system partitions). Alternatively, my personal favourite is Acronis Disk Director (commercial software). Otherwise PTDD is quite popular... but the list goes on.

In addition, the value of backups for **important** data cannot be understated enough. If you have 200GB of important data, get an external disk and back up once a week at least. Windows Backup is sufficient for most purposes but there are other tools you can use (or if you're a Linux user, just rsync often).

I myself just lost a 1TB hard drive the other day which pissed me off (I have several external disks, so I've got used to having one die every 6-9 months) but fortunately none of it is irreplaceable because my **important** data (which only amounts to a few GB) is backed up about 7 times across 3 USB-drives, 3 cloud storage services and an external hard drive.

EASEUS can be downloaded from their website at Get the paid version of EaseUS Partition Master at discount. Magic Partition Manager Freeware for PC/Server users. Upgrade EaseUS Partition Master Free

http://www.partition-tool.com/partition-recovery-wizard/recover-lost-partition.htm

Hello all members...........first of all thank you all for your kind support and help regarding my question above. After reading your replies i googled a bit and got a link for EaseUS website. There it was said t use EaseUS Partition Recovery Freeware. I gave it a thought and decided to try my luck and bingo............................i got back my patition with each and every bit of my crucial data intact!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I shall say that this tool i very very easy to use and very powerful at the same time.........i am posting this reply just in case if anyone faces the same problem so that they can use this great tool and reclaim their deleted (by mistake) partitions.Thanks again folks for your valuable time and support.Thanks again to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.