Overcharging by operator

• Thread starter Thread starter akg7091
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 5,646
A

akg7091

I want to know how to complaint to fivenet about LCO overcharging. I stay in Bhakti Park, and the local goon who is the 5net operator ( Bhakti Cable ) has a monopoly here. He was giving the 10mbps yearly unlimited plan for 18000 when it was available across mumbai for 7~9k. He even charges 800 for the 1mbps unlimited plan while other lcos in mumbai charge 400~500 for 1mbps.Is it possible for fivenet to rein in this guy and ask him to charge similar rates ?Is it possible for some other LCO to recharge my account or do I have to get it recharged through my LCO ?Can I take a 5net account from a different LCO and use it here ?

u cannot take any account from anywhere and use anywhere. ther is no fixed charge. this isn't a mobile connection dude. fivenet sells the bandwidth to the lco and they sell it to u so obviously they will charge more than what fivenet charges directly. btw i m frm central mum and here they charge around 2500 a month for 10mbps and 770 for 1 mbps.

I thought that since it is only about recharging an account online, is it possible for some other LCO to recharge my user id. Any inputs welcome

if you bypass your local operator, he would of course not like it at all and probably disconnect your connection.you should actually be pleased with the option available to you with these plans. most of us do not have anything close at these prices.

I wonder how you can say that I should be happy with these plans. I was unable to get the annual 10mbps plan only because of the highly inflated charges he was asking for 🙁

i am paying 2400 rupees for 150GB at 4mbps here in Gurgaon, the so called millenium city of india.that comes to around 29000 per year.

Actually, this is what I also experienced. I detailed it in another thread (FIVENET plans in Pune). Local LCO (he seems LCO then actual Fivenet guy) said blatantly that according to competition available in area, they will price their plans. Very frank I must say.

I want to know how to complaint to fivenet about LCO overcharging. I stay in Bhakti Park, and the local goon who is the 5net operator ( Bhakti Cable ) has a monopoly here. He was giving the 10mbps yearly unlimited plan for 18000 when it was available across mumbai for 7~9k.
He even charges 800 for the 1mbps unlimited plan while other lcos in mumbai charge 400~500 for 1mbps.
Is it possible for fivenet to rein in this guy and ask him to charge similar rates ?
Is it possible for some other LCO to recharge my account or do I have to get it recharged through my LCO ?
Can I take a 5net account from a different LCO and use it here ?
Until July(when I got the connection) the price in Sion Mumbai was 11k+tax(approx 12.4k)... After seeing 5net at my place a friend of mine from the closeby building wanted it too(especially after seeing DC++ in action 😀 )... He enquired on 5th AUG & he got a quote of 15k+tax(about 17k)... The owner claimed that the govt has increased the royalties by 30% so they have to hike the price... No matter how much we pestered him he would not budge... Anyway my friend went ahead & bought the yearly pack for 17k as there was no other option available even close to the kind of speed & service available... So its not just ur area LCO... Everywhere in Mumbai the price has gone up... BTW where did u hear that in Mumbai the price is 7-9k? The price in Mumbai has been 10-12k for about a year now... Right now even fivenet website shows 12k+tax & this is not counting the LCO's monthly charge + installation fees etc... BTW Sion is the head office of Fivenet & even here it does not offer the service directly... The service is always offered only through LCO... BTW you can ask them about lower speed plans like 1 Mbps for cheaper rate... they cache Youtube so it normally streams @25-30Mbps even if u are on a 1Mbps plan... & u get 30-80Mbps speed on DC+ no matter when unlimited plan u are on..

i am paying 2400 rupees for 150GB at 4mbps here in Gurgaon, the so called millenium city of india.

that comes to around 29000 per year.

& that does not even include the DC+ service that fivenet offers 😀...

^exactly. in my area it is 2500 for 10mbps fivenet. nowhere in india u will get that cheap plans. it worth every penny considering the fantastic uptime and dc++ @ 100mbps.@ akg7091take rajadeep's advice n go for the lowest plan. u can still stream videos n all @ 30-70 mbps and thanks to dc++ u will never need torrents.

hi: I dont want to hijack the thread but can a person in Pune connect to hub in Mumbai ? I mean can person connect to any hub from anywhere ? Sanket.

@rajadeep, the price was increased by 5net a few months back. Now my LCO wants ~25k for the yearly plan. He was asking for 18k when others were giving for 7~10k. Check TE and this forum, you will find at least 30 users who got it for this price ~1 year back. What I have stated is factual

hi: I dont want to hijack the thread but can a person in Pune connect to hub in Mumbai ? I mean can person connect to any hub from anywhere ?

Sanket.

[00:41:19] Hello
[00:41:24] Jaagte rahOOO ooo ,Hello trillion. I'm away since 2012-08-15 00:33. State your business and I might answer later if you're lucky.
[00:41:36] I was hoping u could help me with a question I have
[00:41:58] yes i will just spare me some time
[00:44:22] I have a frnd in pune who would like to subscibe to fivenet service there... He just wants to know weather he can Join this hub(& get lan speeds like we do) from there or is there another hub for Pune guys.... Take as long as u need I am in no hurry 🙂...
[00:46:14] *** User went offline [WatchMan - Popeye Hub] ***
[00:46:15] *** User went online [WatchMan - Popeye Hub] ***
[00:51:26] say
[00:51:32] okies i explain a bit
[00:52:04] 5net are starting their services in remote area like nashik and pune ,tats a great news ,but donno when tehy are starting
[00:53:01] okies and final words --- this hub service is limitted to 5net users only,some of the time we have happy hours , i mean at tat time other isp services are allowed to log in
[00:54:24] oh
[00:54:42] anything else
[00:54:58] hmm my frnd has a LCO in pune who is gonna provide him with fivenet connection
[00:55:21] okies great
[00:55:25] I guess I will tell him to try & join this hub from there to chk
[00:55:46] k
[00:55:49] just wanted to know if u knew weather PUNE guys can join on lan or not
[00:55:59] its ok I knew it was a long shot anyway
[00:56:02] 🙂
[00:56:06] i think we are having hours from last 1or 2 days ,donno exact
[00:56:11] tell him to chk
[00:56:22] but he will get net speed
[00:56:27] oh
[00:56:33] so no lan connecton?
[00:56:36] hmm
[00:56:51] yes no lan connection
[00:56:59] I guess they might have to start their own hub over there
[00:57:00] heh
[00:57:26] anyway thanks for taking the time to clear it up for me
[00:58:06] yup cya tc

Hello Sanket I asked one of the popeye Hub's Admins about ur situation... He basically they might open up the hub for a couple of hours or 2 for all ISP users in the near future but the other ISP users will only get their max net connect speed & not Lan speeds like we are getting here in Mumbai... This basically sucks for pune guys coz DC++ is one of the main attractions of Fivenet other than the 10Mbps speeds & the youtube caching... BTW another thing u could do is ask ur LCO for a demo & try to connect Popeye's hub from his comp... Its pretty easy to setup & there is a full tutorial here ... Another thing is many ppl on the hub chat seemed to suggest that Pune has its own hub... You could also enquire ur LCO about that too...Anyway Hope this information helped u & hope u can join the fivenet group & enjoy the benefits of this wonderful service 🙂 ...

@rajadeep, the price was increased by 5net a few months back. Now my LCO wants ~25k for the yearly plan. He was asking for 18k when others were giving for 7~10k. Check TE and this forum, you will find at least 30 users who got it for this price ~1 year back. What I have stated is factual

Dude I did not say or even try to imply that u were lieing? I simply stated that last month I got a 10Mbps yearly plan for 12k & this month when my friend wanted it he had to pay 17k for it... I was just trying to say that if ur LCO is asking 18k for it its not a very bad price(considering the current rate that is going on)... BTW the 7-10k for a year price was mostly around diwali of 2010 when fivenet had the 6k/year offer... Then in mid 2011 itself the price started rising... Here are some sample threads to prove my point...

1) https://broadband.forum/fivenet/75670-monthly-price-10mbps-other-cheap/ This is a thread in which a guy asked in Jan 2012 about the pricing of fivenet... 1 user say 15k-22k depending on ur operator... 2nd guy (kickass) said Rs2500/mo & 3rd guy said 18k/year in Grant road... This was 6-7 months ago...

2)https://broadband.forum/fivenet/70647-yearly-plans-price-increased-14000-a/ This thread was made in July 2011(more than a year back) in which a FM member complained that the yearly price had gone up to 15.5k instead of the 7.5k price that was there till June 2011...

All I wanted to point out that the price has been going up for a long time now & the price mostly depends on ur LCO... But there was a major jump(again) this month... If ur LCO is providing u 10Mbps for 18k then the price is fine I guess but if it is 25k then u have to think how much do u really want the service... Also they is always the option of going for a lower speed plan which gives u the benifits of Youtube cache & DC++ service if u ever want to download anything(200TB+ data available)

Dude I did not say or even try to imply that u were lieing? I simply stated that last month I got a 10Mbps yearly plan for 12k & this month when my friend wanted it he had to pay 17k for it... I was just trying to say that if ur LCO is asking 18k for it its not a very bad price(considering the current rate that is going on)... BTW the 7-10k for a year price was mostly around diwali of 2010 when fivenet had the 6k/year offer... Then in mid 2011 itself the price started rising... Here are some sample threads to prove my point...

1) https://broadband.forum/fivenet/75670-monthly-price-10mbps-other-cheap/ This is a thread in which a guy asked in Jan 2012 about the pricing of fivenet... 1 user say 15k-22k depending on ur operator... 2nd guy (kickass) said Rs2500/mo & 3rd guy said 18k/year in Grant road... This was 6-7 months ago...

2)https://broadband.forum/fivenet/70647-yearly-plans-price-increased-14000-a/ This thread was made in July 2011(more than a year back) in which a FM member complained that the yearly price had gone up to 15.5k instead of the 7.5k price that was there till June 2011...

All I wanted to point out that the price has been going up for a long time now & the price mostly depends on ur LCO... But there was a major jump(again) this month... If ur LCO is providing u 10Mbps for 18k then the price is fine I guess but if it is 25k then u have to think how much do u really want the service... Also they is always the option of going for a lower speed plan which gives u the benifits of Youtube cache & DC++ service if u ever want to download anything(200TB+ data available)

Apologies if it appeared that I appeared defensive/rude to you, but that wasn't my intention. Sometimes, written words are interpreted otherwise. The diwali price was valid till May'11 after which it was revised, so it was slightly >1 year as you rightly mentioned.

The main purpose of this thread was to ask if there is any way we can ask fivenet to act and bring about uniformity. Just because some area has 2 LCOs and mine has only 1, I am being forced to pay a monopoly premium which is not fair