Where and How to complaint ? Really Annoyed x(

• Thread starter Thread starter Nikhil Soni
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 2,019

Nikhil Soni

First of all please read till end and understand what my problem is ...
I am having BSNL 750 ULD plan [1mbps till 6gb 512 thereafter]
Speed is never an issue for me I am getting promised speed .
The main issue is my PING ..
I have already created many threads regarding this problem but the problem is not from my side and I am still searching for the culprit.
My modem DNA A211-i DSL stats

Tracert of google
C:\Users\Pc>tracert google.com

Tracing route to google.com [173.194.38.133]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

No one to reply ?? 🙁

You will have to live with the current ping unless something gets better in network. SNR, attenuation and pings are not related.

You will have to live with the current ping unless something gets better in network. SNR, attenuation and pings are not related.

..i honestly dont know if "SNR, attenuation and pings are not related",...but similar to OP, with my poor S.N.R(nowadays), i also get very BAD pings(nowadays)...with any server within India or abroad, i am always getting bad pings of above 300-400 ms, where i earlier used to get pings of within 100 or 150 ms max ! So,is there any correlation between SNR, attenuation and pings i dont know but i seem to doubt there is, from my practical experience since the last 2 months I'm having SNR & attenuation problems!

40 to 42 ms on the 2nd hop is shocking!

Is your line clear (no line noise)? Did you try a different modem? Different telephone cable?
Did you try everything out on your end? I am assuming yes.

This seems to be BSNL's problem & unfortunately, there is nothing much you can do about it.

Another option
Go for a change in your BB plan. Go faster. Then they will HAVE to do some changes to your profile on the BSNL server & then you just *might* get lucky.

40 to 42 ms on the 2nd hop is shocking!

Is your line clear (no line noise)? Did you try a different modem? Different telephone cable?
Did you try everything out on your end? I am assuming yes.

This seems to be BSNL's problem & unfortunately, there is nothing much you can do about it.

Another option
Go for a change in your BB plan. Go faster. Then they will HAVE to do some changes to your profile on the BSNL server & then you just *might* get lucky.

My line is not 100% noise free ...
Sometimes I hear a loud humming noise [particularly during rain]
And this becomes to 5-10% when rain stops [might b due to open joints]
However a little noise always exists I complained regarding noise problem but lineman says its acceptable ..
Worst BSNL

Right. As has been discussed earlier, some gateways are pathetic. Can't do much about that. Next, is the dp box damaged or something like that ? If not, and assuming that your internal wiring and cpe are fine, the noise in your line is due to some damage in the cable that comes from the exchange. Again, nothing you can do about that. Also, I believe a faulty line would lead to packet loss

Can't do much about that. Next, is the dp box damaged or something like that ? If not, and assuming that your internal wiring and cpe are fine, the noise in your line is due to some damage in the cable that comes from the exchange. Again, nothing you can do about that. Also, I believe a faulty line would lead to packet loss

Actually gateway is not becoming problem in night because my ping reduces normally to 80,However during day it goes to 150+ but it's a problem to all BSNL users and I am not only the sufferer..
The DP box and cabling are problem *may be* because the box is too old I think 7-8 years and cables are not changed since then..
But tell me that what should I reply to the BSNL tech guy when he reverts me and asks me "What problem you are facing " and I get reply like ::

Q.1> IS your telephone working fine ?
Ans> Yes [Not major problem some noise is acceptable.

Q.2? What prob. you are facing in BB ?
Ans> I am getting high pings
BSNL> Are you getting promised speed ?
Ans>Yes [Speed is never an issue]

And conversation ends here ..
I want the proper wording which I should reply so that the lineman gets ready to check the cables ?
As I have already told to check the line and they said your line is "OK" ..

Please reply me which technical statement should I use to report problem ?

Most probably its some problem from bsnl gateway.Use GDMT Mode instead of ADSL2 SNR would increase and errors would drop.Ask BSNL exchange to reduce your ADSL line speed to 1 MBps instead of current 2 Mbps which would result in increase of SNR. Also ask lineman to change or clean your vertical and to join the line directly to the pole wires instead of DP Box connectors then put some silicone sealant on the connectors to seal them from moisture.

Most probably its some problem from bsnl gateway.
Use GDMT Mode instead of ADSL2 SNR would increase and errors would drop.
Ask BSNL exchange to reduce your ADSL line speed to 1 MBps instead of current 2 Mbps which would result in increase of SNR. Also ask lineman to change or clean your vertical and to join the line directly to the pole wires instead of DP Box connectors then put some silicone sealant on the connectors to seal them from moisture.

I have put my modem in GDMT mode and sNR and attenuation have no effect and is same as in Adsl mode...
Now I can only ask lineman and hope he understand what I want to say .. 🙁