How much can you download on a 512kbps ADSL Broadband connection ?

• Thread starter Thread starter indiglo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 4,493

indiglo

ISP
BSNL 750 UL
How much can you download on a 512kbps ADSL Broadband connection ?
>..particularly through torrents (without doing anything else) !

I'm on BSNL 750UL 512kbps connection & can download/receive approx 200mb on torrents (without doing anything else)...is that ok/fine for the connection ?

200 mb in what time?

mostly in nights but also sometimes during day hours too( though mostly lesser than 200mb then)i monitor usage through D.U Meter !& remember i get those on Only for torrents with good seeds & also if i leave my p.c alone just for downloading (No browsing,nothing )Also, i do get about 4-4.5 gb in download in 24 hrs time >..is that ok/fine too?

Well 512 kilobits gives roughly 5.2 Gb in a day.So your numbers ain't that bad just a lil slow but given at that speed connection it's acceptable I think.blazer I'm having 115.2 kbps by tethering my phone to pc and using net.What age am I in 😛

Well 512 kilobits gives roughly 5.2 Gb in a day.So your numbers ain't that bad just a lil slow but given at that speed connection it's acceptable I think.
Only if you keep your computer switched on for fullday and night long and download continuously nonstop, phew, if my 90% of time is spent on downloading what the hell will i do with my life, eat peanuts in front of my computer for 24hrs? hell no, i got better creative jobs to do.🙂

Well I just answered the technical question he asked blazer.Who the hell downloads 24 hrs lol?I use my phone to download at night when I sleep.

Well I just answered the technical question he asked blazer.Who the hell downloads 24 hrs lol?I use my phone to download at night when I sleep.
What do you download on a phone? games maybe or something else cause only games are huge in files data, other apps are just tiny in size max 30MB not more than that, Android games are a whooping 1GB per file nowadays.

512Kbps? still in the stone age damn lol.😛 :suicide::sleeping:
It is so easy to laugh & ridicule!
Yes,I live in stone age in Bharat , Not in an san souci metro of mumbai in India!
Just compare likes with likes....& if cant input anything meaningful,just don't troll & save ur last laugh!

I download movies mostly and tv shows and songs.If I start at night I will have most things downloaded by morning with my 2G connection so I got no problems here.

It is so easy to laugh & ridicule!
Yes,I live in stone age in Bharat , Not in an san souci metro of mumbai in India!
Just compare likes with likes....& if cant input anything meaningful,just don't troll & save ur last laugh!
Guwahati is as modern as Mumbai nowadays.

I download movies mostly and tv shows and songs.If I start at night I will have most things downloaded by morning with my 2G connection so I got no problems here.
oh yeah i forgot about the movies, even they are huge files data, good for you buddy, enjoy watching movies.

I don't download too big files.i download phone version and that's more than enough for my current net speed.

You can do 5gb a day if you keep the connection on continuously (not counting uploads), so theoretically you can come close to 150 gb a month (I have come close)

You can do 5gb a day if you keep the connection on continuously (not counting uploads), so theoretically you can come close to 150 gb a month (I have come close)

Do u also have a BSNL 512 ULD connection?
& From where do u find ur usage statistics?.... DU Meter?
...can u mention your hourly usage(mainly downloads) on average?
& Are the figures u r quoting from "torrent" downloads solely?

even if i get around 200mb per hour approx, then also i can "theoretically" download about 140 g.b to max...which i never did!

*can u also plz quote ur S.N.R & Attenuation too ?

Thanks 🙂