act broadband , always on connection ???

• Thread starter Thread starter maheshus88
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 5,984

maheshus88

ISP
airtel, act
okay, i recently shifted from airtel broadband to act . the speed is mind blowing ( just been 1 day though ) ..i got some few question plz help me out !1)as i am used to airtel's like always on connection where the username n password is saved in the modem and i dont have to login everytime to use internet.is there any way i could get the username n password to save in the wifi router ( i got D-Link dir 300 router ) so that i dont have to login everytime i want to use internet ?i got xbox and ps3 , now every time i want to connect to xbox live i have to switch on my laptop and then login there , in order to get connected to xbox live ?any idea , how to get this working ?2)the next thing is , i was downloading a torrent ( from link-removed so seed wasn't the issue here ) ... the download speed was fluctuating alot !it some time get the speed of 900 kbps and instantly it goes down to nil, doesn't download at all !i also got airtel connection ( havent disconnected it yet ) .. it checked it in airtel connection there wasn't any Fluctuation at all ..why so ? this is the problem with only this one specific torrent ! ! so not a big deal .. still ?plz reply ! thankx

okay, i recently shifted from airtel broadband to act . the speed is mind blowing ( just been 1 day though ) ..

i got some few question plz help me out !

1)

as i am used to airtel's like always on connection where the username n password is saved in the modem and i dont have to login everytime to use internet.

is there any way i could get the username n password to save in the wifi router ( i got D-Link dir 300 router ) so that i dont have to login everytime i want to use internet ?

i got xbox and ps3 , now every time i want to connect to xbox live i have to switch on my laptop and then login there , in order to get connected to xbox live ?

any idea , how to get this working ?

2)

the next thing is , i was downloading a torrent ( from link-removed so seed wasn't the issue here ) ... the download speed was fluctuating alot !

it some time get the speed of 900 kbps and instantly it goes down to nil, doesn't download at all !

i also got airtel connection ( havent disconnected it yet ) .. it checked it in airtel connection there wasn't any Fluctuation at all ..

why so ?

this is the problem with only this one specific torrent ! ! so not a big deal .. still ?

plz reply !
thankx

Hi

All you need is to configure your wifi router as PPPoE mode, which should take care of your login issue. Do let me know if you require our engineer to configure the router.

Secondly there should not be any problem with torrents, if you face the problem again do mail me and will ensure the issue is resolved.

Rgds

hey ACTian do you guys offer only BB and also only in major parts of B'lore or do you offer services around Bangalore in it's rural areas too?

Hi

All you need is to configure your wifi router as PPPoE mode, which should take care of your login issue. Do let me know if you require our engineer to configure the router.

Secondly there should not be any problem with torrents, if you face the problem again do mail me and will ensure the issue is resolved.

Rgds

Thankx !
i called our act customer care and the person guided me through the step ..
now its working like i wanted !
no login , nothing always on internet ! thankx

regarding torrent ! if i face problem .. i will mail you up ..

thankx for the awesome support !
i loving my internet speed ! 🙂

@mahesh u could try downloading from link-removed usually the speeds there are always good.

Hey ACTian,Do u provide bb near Green glan layout (Bellandur) ???Hey ACTian,Do u provide bb near Green glan layout (Bellandur) ???