• Thread starter Thread starter blazer
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 8,393

blazer

Regular
ISP
Hathway
When i compare HD channels with SD channels the video image appears very grainish and dull, i watch SD channels on my digi-cable set top box with 212 channels on my CRT TV only, it's no point watching sd channeld on full hd tv, clarity is pathetic and you can't enjoy the show, HD is good though, i wish all the channels in india get converted to HD.

Compression techniques which are used by Tata Sky differs from categories of channels. In the same sense, if you compare SD channels like Ten Action Plus, Neo Prime & Ten Cricket with popular SD Channels like Star Plus, Sony, Aaj Tak then you will find that video quality is better on popular channels.

Although Tata Sky promises DVD quality picture on SD channels but we have compared & seriously it's VCD quality picture coming on channels like Ten Action Plus, Neo Prime, History TV etc.

When i compare HD channels with SD channels the video image appears very grainish and dull, i watch SD channels on my digi-cable set top box with 212 channels on my CRT TV only, it's no point watching sd channeld on full hd tv, clarity is pathetic and you can't enjoy the show, HD is good though, i wish all the channels in india get converted to HD.

You are correct. Bigger the television, same amount of pixels will expand hence deteriorates the video quality. 'Full HD' or 'HD ready' doesn't really matter especially when you are going to watch SD channels on 40" TV. It would surely provide the worst viewing experience.

They are also compressing the HD channels in such a way where anybody can find the deterioration in quality when one moves from 40",42" 1080p HD TVs to 46" & beyond. You need to place such TVs in large halls then not everybody has such large living room or lounge & in future that's where 4K & 8K Super Hi-Vision will come in to play.