Need help in configuring TP-link WR740N wireless router with MTNL triband!!

• Thread starter Thread starter RaghuJamwal
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 22,477
Hi,

I tried exactly as per the steps in setup guide and also followed tips given above but with no luck.
I haven't managed to get the internet access and the network connection always shows "no network access".
Sorry as I dont yet have permission to attach files to thread so I have uploaded screenshots of my setup at below mediafire link.
Would readlly appreciate if you can go through them and suggest if what is it that need to do right.

setup.zip

Voila!!Somehow figured it out that selecting the connection type as 'Dynamic IP' was the only thing i needed to do to get it working.Thank you all for chipping in with your help.

RaghuJamwal said:
Hi,I recently purchased the TP-Link wireless router (WR740N) from flipkart, so I could have a wireless internet connection for my laptop; however, I'm getting error configuring the device. It fails at the last step of the configuration wizard, "Confirm Settings".The error I get is:"Failed to verify Router settings:"1. Please check the WAN connection type and parameters.2. Please check your network connectivity type and retry."When I remove the router, the connection with ADSL router works fine.When I go into the router setup page (192.1.0.1), I cannot see anything under WAN settings except the MAC address. All the fields are 0.0.0.0Apart from this, I have no clue what else could be wrong!!As far as I know, the username for MTNL is your phone no. and password is the customer no., which I have put in. I also tried to confirm with MTNL at 1504 but there's no option to speak with a human anymore. All they can give you is a silly docket no.!!!The less I talk about the TP-link support, the better. Their tech support does not work. They have given the support number just to show that they provide support, you cannot speak to anyone and then they disconnect!Please help!!!!!
click dynamic ip and click start put tick in the box then come back set your ppoe and proceed 100% working

Hi,I recently purchased the TP-Link wireless router (WR740N) from flipkart, so I could have a wireless internet connection for my laptop; however, I'm getting error configuring the device. It fails at the last step of the configuration wizard, "Confirm Settings".The error I get is:"Failed to verify Router settings:"1. Please check the WAN connection type and parameters.2. Please check your network connectivity type and retry."When I remove the router, the connection with ADSL router works fine.When I go into the router setup page (192.1.0.1), I cannot see anything under WAN settings except the MAC address. All the fields are 0.0.0.0 Apart from this, I have no clue what else could be wrong!!As far as I know, the username for MTNL is your phone no. and password is the customer no., which I have put in. I also tried to confirm with MTNL at 1504 but there's no option to speak with a human anymore. All they can give you is a silly docket no.!!!The less I talk about the TP-link support, the better. Their tech support does not work. They have given the support number just to show that they provide support, you cannot speak to anyone and then they disconnect! Please help!!!!!

I had the same prob.....
This is how i solved my problem
go to 192.168.1.1
Then go to Network and then LAN
there is an advanced button next to save button click on that and u'll see service name
To fine the service name.....connect ur internet as usual without the router
Then open control panel and open network and sharing
The network connect that has internet access click on that and select properties u,ll see the service name under the general tab.
Now do the rest of the settings that is setting up the wireless settings on your own or do the quick setup
After rebooting ur router refresh the page twice andin the status tb under WAN u should se some addresses other than 0.0.0.0
And lastly check the sent and recieved part by scrolling down.
Thats it ^_^
I hope it should work for everyone
Thanks