Incesssant problem on my BSNL 750 UL BBand! can anyone Help?

• Thread starter Thread starter indiglo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 2,755

indiglo

ISP
BSNL 750 UL
*/// This is a Long post....please read if you really care to Help///*

To start with,...I have been a Long time BSNL Broadband user for the last 6-7 years!.
All had been working fine & i was very much a satisfied user until this June middle, when heavy monsoon showers inundated my whole area & created flash floods, disturbing my good telephone connection, with no phone dial tone & my broadband dsl link failing to connect with the dslam of our exchange (which is approximately just 300-400 metres away ).
Though i registered complaints to the exchange,but as the rain showers were heavy & continued for about 7-10 days, naturally no work was done & broadband was down in that period, after which the area lineman came to check my line & found high earthing/ground in my line & therefore he registered for a cable fault on my line at the exchange & for issuing pair changes. Though my phone(voice) was working,but broadband was still Not fine with random disconnections, though Line stats from modem showed S.N.R.M as above 30 d.b & Attenuation as 15-16 d.b just as previously i always had !

Plz refer to the time of in each of the screenshots below to follow the choronology of line problem & SNR falls as they happened]
Pic-1>>*You can see the Line Parameters from here(this was the line stats as i had on 17/06/2012 absolutely similar to the line stats which i enjoyed all throughout my previous years & * most importantly this is b4 any recent changes in cable pairs were made to my line due to my complaint for the line problem suffered from the recent flash floods ):-

Now,following the complaint after few days, my cable pair was changed(somewhere in between my d.p & our exchange dslam), & this is where my actual trouble with broadband began!!!
Following change of cable pair, though telephone(voice) was ok,but my previous excellent line stats nosedived to 13-14 d.b S.N.R & Attenuation rose to 19-20 d.b which i was much disappointed,cause i knew this meant future trouble.I tried to explain the position to the lineman & showed the line stats to him on my p.c but ignorant him, as usual he could hardly understand what this figures meant! He left & said he has done all he had to do..& so i was engaged tending to my bad luck.But just as i had i expected, within a few days, trouble rose again ,as my telephone voice was badly hampered with high amount of audible noise & crackling & broadband suffered too.Immediately, i once again registered a complaint for line fault & tried to contact our area lineman, but misfortune there too,..coz the lineman was on leave on trip to attend his uncles death funeral.Anyway few days & numerous calls latter, an replacement lineman was arranged to repair the line. He came & again changed the cable pair,which is when disaster struck big.Though voice was made good now, but my broadband got a big blow, .....instead of improvement in line stats, the S.N.R margin began jumping between 7 & 9 d.b.with broadband speed greatly affected ,with speedtest.net test hovering between 150-250kbps & on top i got random disconnections.Now after years of getting such a good service to which i have grown used to,...i'm getting total crap .I'm completely irked since then,as my line position has not improved till now. The Sdo (external, who heads all the field job & the lineman) of our exchange whom i explained the problem in details has just only made a line test thereafter & found everything to be ok at their end,so has concluded that there is no problem in the line according to them & since the pair has been changed twice, he cannot change the pair again without any valid proof that it is indeed physical line problem on my existing cable that is troubling my broadband.He asked rather to contact the SDE Broadband to sort out the problem. Henceforth i escalated the problem to SDE Broadband at the main exchange & described my entire problem in toto, whereupon he sent the J.T.O Bband to my house..The J.T.O proved of no real help since he did only a hogwash of solving the problem by just only requesting his assistant to change my profile(to profile1= 1mbps down & 256 up)in the DSLAM & momentarily increasing the S.N.R value to 20-21db.But soon after he left, the S.N.R margin again fell back to 11-12d.b & the speed & line condition deteriorated as before.I have again asked the S.D.E Broadband for help & asked if my problem can really be solved.He said now he will look sincerely into this & willing to send his more senior staffs to my house to look & solve the problem i'm facing,since the J.TO couldnot be of much help ! But With allmost 2 months of incessant problem with NO improvement in the condition, i'm beggining to loose trust on these guys.

Pic-2>>*Line Stats ,after cable pairs were changed 2 times & connected to "So called" Good cable pairs .No S.N.R increase( only continual decrease) & even after the J.T.O broadband came to my house, & attempting in vain to superficially increase the S.N.R Margin by changing my broadband profile to lower one of 1024kbps down & 256 kbps up ! Nothing really worked by such superficial steps.

Also,since i was always in NIB-1 from very beginning, i did never ever got the 1mbps till 6gb FUP speed since plans were upgraded, so i changed to NIB-2 & I got the 1mbps till 6gb speed boost,...but with the NIB change & speed boost, came further decrease of S.N.R Margin which in the morning hours(particularly) falls drastically to 4,5 or 6 db on daily basis.Though there is NO audible noise in the phone line, the speed seems to be hit & there is high latency with HIGH pings & the broadband connection also seems to randomly drop in between .There is also NOT much difference in SNR even in opting between G.dmt & ADSL2+ modes.All the More pathetic turn of events,...this i think is the Final blow to all my previous very good records of being a Happy Bsnl Broadband subscriber.

Pic 3 &4 >> Latest Line stats After my connection was transferred to N.I.B-2,...now disaster with SNR & all the tons of Error reporting ! See below!

=====================================================
Some typical characteristics of my Broadband problem:
1) Line disturbances mainly occurs during daytime,beginning from 9 -10 a.m when S.N.R drastically drops to 7 or 8 or 9 d.b.with broadband speed affected ,with speedtest.net test hovering between 150-250kbps in my 750UL Plan .This fall in S.n.R continues till 11-12 a.m night after which speeds & margin becomes better. ///Is this Line congestion in my exchange?///

2) Also if during the day hours,there is power outage in our area,S.N.R immediately increases & internet speed also get a sudden boost ...but with power/electricity/mains returning, the SNR & Speed boost goes away as quickly it had come! /// Seems like any other monster device/machine is sapping away all the Good signal or is generating lot of noise in the line as it runs in the day ...when there is electricity ///

3) It also takes a long time (approx 4-5 min or more) nowdays for the modem to handshake/sync with the local DSLAM,which it previously used to do within just 1 min.

4) In the modem line stats, as u can all see there are a lot of "SuperFrame Errrors",...also "HEC Errors", "OCD Errors", etc errors... /// is there Line/cable problem or problem in the port of the Dslam of my local exchange...would changing the port Help? ///

=====================================================

* Since the "junction box" in the d.p (distribution pole) outside my house is fitted at allmost the top part of the pole,i cannot physically access the junction box & have a look at the physical condition of the cable & joints there,so am totally dependent on the local line man assessment of the cables & joints being ok,which may be totally falsified by him! Even i tried to dope him with money to solve this case,but seems he least interested,...dont know why???

** All the above 3 points have beeen desribed by me to the BSNL ppls innumerous timesto understand & have a better Idea of what is actually causing the problem....but still after 2 months running they dont have any clue how to solve the problem....or dont even have the correct cooperative attitude to Help.Without me daily pushing my case by calling them, this issue /problem for them simply doesNOT exist ! Since There is Clear Voice in my phone, Broadband connection working( or limping? or whatever) ...so for BSNL Everything is Perfect, for that matter all my registered complaint (10 times or more since june) for this case is being closed without doing anything or Actually solving the problem !

*** My Modem is BSNL DNA-211-I

Now, pals & experts here, can u tell me in these conditions, what can or sould i do to improve my broadband condition to like as it was before? or is this a utterless hopeless case & i should be happy with whatever CRAP internet i am getting now? Also, can any1 explain why the broadband did deteriorate as such upon changing cables or otherwise/any other cause..which i cannot guess or have a proper idea to solve?

No Clues Anyone? :\

They'll prolly fix it, now that sde has assured you. Is your internal wiring all right?

Thanks to everyone who tried to Help !1 shortcut/artificial way BSNL Can rise the SNRM of my line is to reduce the sync speed with the DSLAM (as the J.T.O who visited my house, did) by changing to a lower profile speed, but really that doesnot address & correts the real problem in its roots !I want a Real solution..which is probably in the external cables or else in the dslam port!I had hoped for some technical help from some experts here....Anyway,i will try to do whatever i can by being persistant to solve the problem, being the "Aam" public(ordinary citizen I'm),No other option ! Lets C !!!

ok, bro, will surely take your advice ! Thanks Honestly for your Help ! 🙂...btw do u work in BSNL ? ...Since u r so convinced that this will Help !

are BSNl connections for BB good in WLL or is line better?main thing is ping for me.