Guaranteed 24x7 Non-disconnected internet access: Is it possible?

• Thread starter Thread starter weds100
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 1,922

weds100

ISP
CHT
I found this forum a while back when I searched reviews for broadband companies in Hayderbad and Bangalore. And I am glad to see there are so many people sharing their broadband experiences including applying for a new connection, dealing with customer services and billing methods. I am in fact from Asia but I travel to India and other countries on business trips quite often. To be honest, when I first get here my first impression about Indian Internet services is not that positive comparing with what I experienced in Asia countries like Japan, Korea, China and European countries. But after many years, I can see the internet services have improved a lot. For example , there are many places that offer fibre optics access. However, one thing that still haunts me about broadband services in India is that why can’t broadband providers offer non-disconnected internet access (some areas have link down problem very often) 24x7? And why customer care executives can’t diagnose simple link down problem when I called their service line for help? For several times, I heard them saying that they are on the way to take care of my link problem. But, the connection recovered after 2~3 days or longer. This is really annoying and I never know what actually happened to my link connection. I know the non-disconnected internet access is difficult to improve since there are so many power cuts in India. And, I know some broadband companies have provided battery backup to users to compensate for this. But, I think the second one where basic link down problem can be diagnose when we call customer care can get improved. In this way, as a customer, I feel better to learn that broadband provider knows the real problem to my link at the moment I call (more professional I think).Above are my experiences which may be different form person to person. Any comments or experiences to share are welcomed.

My Airtel connection hasn't been down for more than a few hours (Combined) in the last 7-8 years.

Using bsnl for the past four years. Landline did go dead once for a few hours, broadband never.

BSNL EVDO never has downtimes.May be speed problems but downtimes NEVER!!!downtimes basically occurs with local cable isps

i barely get around 5-10mins of downtime a month. i m on fivenet mumbai. the local cable guy runs the business. he is usually very fast in responding to problems. i guess its a rarity in india.

local cable guys are mostly local gundas of that area in most cases and are mostly illeterate. To find a good cable guy in India who provides good customer support is very rare....

It seems that ADSL has few downtimes in comparison with fibre so far. However, in terms of speed, I always prefer Fibre (I use Skype quite a lot.) I am curious how long will be acceptable for you for network disconnections? For me, if network disconnections are within 3 hours, it's acceptable. But, if it is longer than 4 hours, I will get worried and annoyed since I rely heavily on internet to receive emails and make internet calls to other business partners.

Idea does not have 3G everywhere right? Not in TN. I think Bangalore where OP mentioned he looked for reviews also doesnt have I think.

Idea does not have 3G everywhere right? Not in TN. I think Bangalore where OP mentioned he looked for reviews also doesnt have I think.

Dear Sir,

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. May we request you to reply to us with your complete account details such as Full name, mobile no., alternate contact number and the type of Inconvenience you are facing. Also mention the token ID 205IC275047 in the subject.

Regards,
Idea Cellular

@ideacellular - You seriously have no "idea" what I am talking about. Do you?