• Thread starter Thread starter IndianMascot
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 5,138

IndianMascot

Addicts
ISP
Reliance, Tata Photon + , MTNL 3G Jadoo
Direct to Home (DTH) service provider Dish TV launched a standard definition box with recording facility branded Dish+ on Tuesday.

Priced at Rs 1,690, it comes with a free 4GB pen drive as part of the inaugural offer. The company said post the video cassette recorders era, consumers do not have a recording device, and it hopes to fill this gap with its SD recorder. The company will launch the box in two phases across 42 cities.

Salil Kapoor Chief Operating Officer Dish TV India, said, “Dish+ is a comeback of recorders in the living room and is a clear differentiator vis-à-vis other alternatives, including digital cable.” The company said it is compatible with any USB device, enabling consumers to plug and play an existing USB stick besides rewinding and recording live television among other features.

Business Line : Industry & Economy / Marketing : Dish TV launches standard definition recorder Dish+

Can we record the programs of 2 channels at the same time with this box?

can we watch one channel and record another?

When i read the FAQs in product details. I came to know that the recorded footage can only be seen throught the same STB. So, it's not that useful for me.

because that would result in copyright infringement? these companies probably have a deal allowing their own devices to record data. allowing users to export the data to other mediums makes it easy for them to share it with others or upload it on the web and so on. why do you think youtube does not have a download button?

you are right...
But, i don't think it's worth buying in nowadays.
Here's the link, that makes me think so.

Dish+ SD recorder
[QUESTION 1]
Does it record the program which is set to Time-based or event based which is set for a particular time Do i able to view the another program same time(with respect to )
Eg: If i set the Event to be recorded at 2pm on ESPN and at the same time i am watching the other channel say STARMOVIES does it perform the recording.

[QUESTION 2]
DOES this DISH+ SD recorder comes with MONO-BLOCK LNB ?

Kindly clarify this query in details

Dish+ SD recorder
[QUESTION 1]
Does it record the program which is set to Time-based or event based which is set for a particular time Do i able to view the another program same time(with respect to )
Eg: If i set the Event to be recorded at 2pm on ESPN and at the same time i am watching the other channel say STARMOVIES does it perform the recording.
the answer for this question is same to the one asked by me.
[QUESTION 2]
DOES this DISH+ SD recorder comes with MONO-BLOCK LNB ?

Kindly clarify this query in details

It has to?... LNBs are there . I didn't understand the ques properly.

the answer for this question is same to the one asked by me.

It has to?... LNBs are there . I didn't understand the ques properly.

THERE ARE 2 TYPES OF LNB PROVIDED BY DISHTV
1)SINGLE BLOC LNB
2)MONO BLOC LNB
TEN GOLF,SPARK CBS AND OTHER NEW COMMING CHANNELS CAN BE CATCHED BY THESE LNB'S ONLY
jUST
LET ME KNOW THIS NEW DISH+ SD CAN RECIEVE TENGOLF IF ITS SO ITS MONOBLOC LNB