• Thread starter Thread starter probuddha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 7,502

probuddha

Regular
ISP
SITI Broadband
Okay so I recently ported from Airtel to Vodafone postpaid on 03/08/2012, they offered me a customized TALK MORE 299 plan with a 100 rupees bill discount and a special promo for calling Voda to Voda @ 0.10p/ min

I also activated the Rs 100 3G pack on 04/08/2012 which entitles me to a usage of 300MB

On the night of 04/08/2012, I checked by unbilled amount and it stood at Rs12, I didn't use my phone for any calls/ SMS'es post that. On the morning of 05/08/2012, I checked the unbilled amount and it was Rs112 - an overnite increase of Rs 100. Initially I had thought that the additional Rs 100 was charged towards activating the 3G pack.

I emailed the Nodal desk for a clarification and got a call from them informing me that no rentals are reflected in the unbilled amount and that the extra Rs 100 was towards data usage which would later be adjusted with the free 300MB that I got.

Also need to mention here that it seems like the unbilled amount increases by Rs 3-5 every 2-3 hrs despite not making any calls/ SMS'es. I was told that this increase is also because of the raw data usage @ 2P/ 10kb

Promos activated on my account (MNP offers)

1. Bill discount of Rs 100
2. Local V to V @ 0.10P/ min promo at discounted rate of Rs 50 (instead of Rs 75 as claimed by the nodal desk)

The thing I don't understand is:-

1. An amount of Rs 100 can be charged for a data usage of approx 50 MB (@ 2p/ 10kb), which never happened. Data services were activated on 04/08/2012 and I didn't even use it much, there's no way 50 MB of data could have been used.

2. Under the My Vodafone account, the data usage stats showed that I had a remaining amount of 288 MB left in my account, which suggested that till then the data usage had been only 12 MB - which seemed okay and reasonable.

I've also confirmed by sending STOP to 321 that I am not subscribed to any VAS services. (I had mistakenly activated the VF alerts for Business & Finance (Rs 30) which I deactivated immediately and was assured by the Nodal officer that it would be reversed if it was at all charged on my bill.)

Since this is my first encounter with Vodafone postpaid, I am not sure how the billing works. If someone can throw some light on this, that's be great.

Is what the Nodal desk claiming, true? Since there are many Vodafone postpaid subscribers here with 3G data services on, has anyone noticed a similar instance before?

Kindly advise

Thanks

do you have customized billing activated? if you have then it'll clear your doubt instantly. Other than that there is nothing you can do...also some applications might have used the vodafone live apn for data causing the increase....

do you have customized billing activated? if you have then it'll clear your doubt instantly. Other than that there is nothing you can do...also some applications might have used the vodafone live apn for data causing the increase....

Hi Joels

Thanks for your reply

Yes, itemized billing is activated on my account and I am yet to receive my first bill (I just ported in Vodafone on Aug 4th)

I will check what the bill shows and maybe update this thread accordingly - I still think that the 3G pack charge of 100 was added to it, but the bill would explain better

Thanks!

I've had a few issues of overcharging myself but have shown them their faults and have got a prompt return of the excess bill. Document everything, keep mailing them and go with a watertight case they will listen...🙂 (Atleast for me they did...😛)

Vodafone keep charging for ur data and calls .. and they adjust it at the end of the month with the packages activated by u ..

Vodafone keep charging for ur data and calls .. and they adjust it at the end of the month with the packages activated by u ..

Okay..thanks for the info