Any instance of SIM cloning calls originating from +91 numbers?

• Thread starter Thread starter probuddha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 3,759

probuddha

Regular
ISP
SITI Broadband
Friends,So today at around 10:21 PM I received a missed call from +918017-xxxxxxWhen I called back the number, either it was said that the number is unreachable or the call wouldn't connect.Now, even though media reports state that such SIM cloning calls originate from +92; #90 and #09 numbers, I am still apprehensive about falling into such a trap myself.So does anybody have any idea whether any such cloning calls have been reported to be originating from +91 numbersSo far, the balance on the mobile is still intact and I've also notified the vodafone CC and Nodal desk about it via email and have requested them to run the necessary diagnostic tests to confirm that there is no unusual activity observed on my mobile number.I used the several online missed call trackers available and found that the number is from Kolkata circle itself. In fact the number on which I received the missed call also starts with 8017Do I need to be concerned here or am I just being paranoid?Kindly adviseThanks!

offtopic... i am scared shit of cloning shit these days. whenever i use my debit card in an ATM... i wonder if the machine has been hacked to clone the ATMs used in them.

Seriously man, these recent spurt of fraudulent events have left almost all of us paranoid, I too, cover the keypad with my hand while keying in my ATM PIN for the fear of being hacked and keep a keen eye on the guys at the cash counter when they swipe my card 😡

yeap. and it sucks to have ignorant people operating the customer care desks at these companies. i have suspicion about some petrol pumps in my area... this one has been one of the most surprising things for me. when i was going through my credit card statements for last financial year. i noticing multiple transactions of exact same amount at the same petrol pump with a gap of weeks. exact same amount to the last paisa. i believe this is impossible to happen in real world. and i have no idea how this is even possible considering i get an instant sms from my credit card company whenever my card is used for a payment. so i am pretty sure that these transactions were not sent to my phone through sms. i am not sure if retailers are able to conduct payments like this without requiring the card at all. or they are able to clone the card at their end. even in that case, why i never got alerts for such transactions. i try to keep an eye on my statements more closely these days not relying upon mobile alerts alone. send shivers down inside when i recollect these transactions.

SIM cloning is all BS. ATM cloning is definitely a concern, which is why I usually prefer to use ATMs at restricted places (like office), or the ones attached to the banks.

watch covert affairs and you would start believing that cloning sim cards is an amazingly simple process that can be done over bluetooth network by a cia newbie 😀

Arey baba but SIM cloning can not be done over phone network by just making a call naa?

watch covert affairs and you would start believing that cloning sim cards is an amazingly simple process that can be done over bluetooth network by a cia newbie 😀

Well watch a few Vijayakanth movies and you would know that hacking can be done just by typing while Windows Media Player plays a video.

Cdma cloning is easy and can be done. I am myself a victim of it. My premium number was cloned in Delhi but reliance traced the cloning and due to lack of proper system at that time my number got deleted. It happened something around 2004. Had to mail Mr Ambani to get my number back. But now a days every company is quite advanced and cloning is rarest of rare. In -GSM, I never even heard of cloning.

Well watch a few Vijayakanth movies and you would know that hacking can be done just by typing while Windows Media Player plays a video.

Last edited by a moderator:
i believe this is impossible to happen in real world. and i have no idea how this is even possible considering i get an instant sms from my credit card company whenever my card is used for a payment. so i am pretty sure that these transactions were not sent to my phone through sms. i am not sure if retailers are able to conduct payments like this without requiring the card at all. or they are able to clone the card at their end. even in that case, why i never got alerts for such transactions. i try to keep an eye on my statements more closely these days not relying upon mobile alerts alone. send shivers down inside when i recollect these transactions.