• Thread starter Thread starter manu1991
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 3,620

manu1991

Ancient Philospher
ISP
Hyperoptic
Which one of these would you suggest?I like the looks on the One X more. SIII has a better processor. SIII is more expensive. One X doesnt have expandable memory.Have some of the problems reported in the initial batches of One X been resolved?the software doesn't matter to me as Ill be running cyanogenmod anyways.any other flagships worth waiting for? Not interested in Note II or iPhone 5. When are WP8 handsets launching?

Didn't know we had a 'Suggest a Phone' section.I would strongly recommend the One X. It is a beauty of a device. And it is MUCH faster than the S3. I can only say that S3 is like Samsung's iPhone - over hyped, and over priced. The stupid thing lags. And I just could not find any reason why it should be so much more than the One X. Don't bother about WP8 till atleast 3 months after the launch - I am myself looking forward to a WP device, but would wait for things to 'stabilise' a bit before making the switch.

Upvote 0
if you are going to run cyanogenmod, one x is of course the better device just because of its display. there is no other android phone in the market that comes anywhere close. of course, if you need more than 32GB of storage, you would have to go for the s3.

Upvote 0
also worth noting is that s3 is likely to get much more love than one x from the mod community. one x is a locked device i believe and s3 of course is a hit amongst the development community.

one of the co-founders of gdgt.com is currently running the CM build on his one x. tons of features are disabled but he is pretty impressed with the performance of jelly bean on the device.

First impressions of Jelly Bean on the HTC One X - gdgt

if i had the option to customize my own smartphone, i would have picked one x body running stock android jelly bean over any other phone in the market today. the display is simply breathtaking. a friend recently sold his 4S to get the one x and he loves it too.

Upvote 0
Galaxy SIII surely wins.1). Larger storage capacity upto 64GB inbuilt with microSD support.2). USB On-the-go3). Better camera on front and back.4). Better audio reproduction due to Wolfman DAC5). Better battery life6). Better GPU benchmarks

Upvote 0
there are also rumors that a htc one x+ is coming out with 1.7GHz quad core processor. it might be a US only version for LTE networks. hard to say. i wonder if samsung is going to launch a device more powerful than the S3 in the next couple of months. i mean they cannot rely on this phone alone for the next 12 months!

Upvote 0
also worth noting is that s3 is likely to get much more love than one x from the mod community. one x is a locked device i believe and s3 of course is a hit amongst the development community.
that is something I am keeping in mind. Samsung phones seem to be much easier to tinker with, just went through the One X xda forum and realized there is some work involved for HTC devices.

Upvote 0
yeap. getting them rooted without the official route (where you legally give your permission to void your warranty to HTC) seems to be complicated. possible but requires some effort. personally? the display on the one x is still the deal maker!

Upvote 0
Used OneX and S3 side by side for 3 days. Gotta say i liked OneX more than the s3. OneX looks like a good quality product and has luxury touch to it. While s3 looks like pastic mid range androids. Camera is also good in onex than on s3.

Upvote 0
Strange I forgot to mention the build quality. Samsung's build quality is pathetic. They either don't understand, or simply don't care about it. I mean WTF is with that cheap cheap back plate that they provide with their high end phones. HTC phones are slightly tough to root, but not impossible. Also a lot of progress has now been made on the One X, so it isn't really the end of the road. Lord Clockan, one of the better developers of ICS, has moved on to One X now and so I believe there is going to be continued progress on that front.

Upvote 0
yeap. the back panel on the nexus s was horrible. they are using a different design for Galaxy nexus but it is still awful quality plastic for the back cover. one x does not have a removable battery so another negative point for that. but the build quality? the quality of plastic? the white colored unit looks delicious man. 😀 black? not so much.

Upvote 0
I am not too sure about this unremovable battery thing. I mean, I am not aware of anyone at all who carries a spare battery along with him. I was one of the earlier critics that the iPhone didn't have this, but over a period of time I have realised, it isn't really a problem since people hardly, if at all, replace a battery

Upvote 0
it is not a big problem for the first year of ownership. it becomes one if you plan to keep it for a longer duration.

after 2 years or so you would want to replace the battery of the device and well you can never be sure if the indian service centers would still offer a replacement. and of course, it would come at a premium compared to doing it yourself.

this was one of the reasons i wanted to get rid of one x. i do not carry a second battery. but i like the ability to replace the battery when and if it dies on me. brian has both of my n1 and ns units. and he has replaced batteries on both of them using the older battery as backup. he confirmed that the replacement battery gives him much better uptime compared to one/two year old batteries.

also... on my Galaxy nexus, i can buy a Seidio battery with double the capacity for around 60-70 dollars. would add some bulk to the phone but the battery backup would become phenomenal. this is something you cannot really do on a phone with non-removable batteries.

i have personally not kept a phone for more than 12-14 months. so it has not been an issue for me. but owners of second hand one x units? i would feel a bit sorry for them. i understand that Apple's battery tech is probably more advanced compared to other manufacturers. their batteries tend to last for longer compared to the competition. i know a person with a 3.5 year old ipod touch whose battery life is still freaking amazing for example.

Upvote 0