HTC One X vs Samsung Galaxy S III

manu1991

Ancient Philospher
[OP]
Regulars
Dec 9, 2006
Delhi
Which one of these would you suggest?I like the looks on the One X more. SIII has a better processor. SIII is more expensive. One X doesnt have expandable memory.Have some of the problems reported in the initial batches of One X been resolved?the software doesn't matter to me as Ill be running cyanogenmod anyways.any other flagships worth waiting for? Not interested in Note II or iPhone 5. When are WP8 handsets launching?

agantuk

Bhatakti Aatma
Regulars
Jun 13, 2009
Didn't know we had a 'Suggest a Phone' section.I would strongly recommend the One X. It is a beauty of a device. And it is MUCH faster than the S3. I can only say that S3 is like Samsung's iPhone - over hyped, and over priced. The stupid thing lags. And I just could not find any reason why it should be so much more than the One X. Don't bother about WP8 till atleast 3 months after the launch - I am myself looking forward to a WP device, but would wait for things to 'stabilise' a bit before making the switch.

abhishek.techie

Regulars
Feb 23, 2012
I think you could wait for Note 2, its due this Q3 and might surely be better than these two.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
if you are going to run cyanogenmod, one x is of course the better device just because of its display. there is no other android phone in the market that comes anywhere close. of course, if you need more than 32GB of storage, you would have to go for the s3.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
also worth noting is that s3 is likely to get much more love than one x from the mod community. one x is a locked device i believe and s3 of course is a hit amongst the development community.

one of the co-founders of gdgt.com is currently running the CM build on his one x. tons of features are disabled but he is pretty impressed with the performance of jelly bean on the device.

First impressions of Jelly Bean on the HTC One X - gdgt

if i had the option to customize my own smartphone, i would have picked one x body running stock android jelly bean over any other phone in the market today. the display is simply breathtaking. a friend recently sold his 4S to get the one x and he loves it too.

rajnusker

Regular
Regulars
Mar 12, 2012
Galaxy SIII surely wins.1). Larger storage capacity upto 64GB inbuilt with microSD support.2). USB On-the-go3). Better camera on front and back.4). Better audio reproduction due to Wolfman DAC5). Better battery life6). Better GPU benchmarks

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
there are also rumors that a htc one x+ is coming out with 1.7GHz quad core processor. it might be a US only version for LTE networks. hard to say. i wonder if samsung is going to launch a device more powerful than the S3 in the next couple of months. i mean they cannot rely on this phone alone for the next 12 months!

manu1991

Ancient Philospher
[OP]
Regulars
Dec 9, 2006
Delhi
also worth noting is that s3 is likely to get much more love than one x from the mod community. one x is a locked device i believe and s3 of course is a hit amongst the development community.
that is something I am keeping in mind. Samsung phones seem to be much easier to tinker with, just went through the One X xda forum and realized there is some work involved for HTC devices.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
yeap. getting them rooted without the official route (where you legally give your permission to void your warranty to HTC) seems to be complicated. possible but requires some effort. personally? the display on the one x is still the deal maker!