How to surrender MTNL Modem in Mumbai?

• Thread starter Thread starter AvidWatcher
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 57,592
In delhi i had to go to nearest exchange and submit modem and the phone instrument. They will issue a receipt for the same. Submit that receipt along with the receipt that you had got when you booked the telephone. If you dont have the old receipt you need to submit a affidavit.

Upvote 0
I would like to know the procedure for MTNL Mumbai without surrendering the landline connection.Please provide inputs.Thanks again.

Upvote 0
How I surrendered my MTNL Broadband & Landline connection :

1. Go to nearest MTNL CSC Centre. Auntyji will handover you a Form for cancellation along with detail of person who will takeover the Modem & Landline Phone.
2. Fill the form along with a Letter for cancellation of MTNL Services clearly stating the reason. Keep 3 copies of both Cancellation form & letter with you.
3. Go to MTNL office and handover the Devices and One copy of both form & letter to the Inventory Manager . He will sign and acknowledge the same.
4. Go back to same Auntyji and handover signed form & letter of Inventory Manager to her. She will process the remaining procedure.

Alert : Customer Service Person may ask for extra deposit even if outstanding is all clear in case you were on a unlimited plan. If you are not surrendering your landline, then No Issue. They won't demand any extra deposit.

Upvote 0
How I surrendered my MTNL Broadband & Landline connection :

1. Go to nearest MTNL CSC Centre. Auntyji will handover you a Form for cancellation along with detail of person who will takeover the Modem & Landline Phone.
2. Fill the form along with a Letter for cancellation of MTNL Services clearly stating the reason. Keep 3 copies of both Cancellation form & letter with you.
3. Go to MTNL office and handover the Devices and One copy of both form & letter to the Inventory Manager . He will sign and acknowledge the same.
4. Go back to same Auntyji and handover signed form & letter of Inventory Manager to her. She will process the remaining procedure.

Alert : Customer Service Person may ask for extra deposit even if outstanding is all clear in case you were on a unlimited plan. If you are not surrendering your landline, then No Issue. They won't demand any extra deposit.

Thank you Indian Mascot.

But as I mentioned earlier, I'd only like to return my modem. So is the procedure any different?

It'll be a nightmare if my broadband has been deactivated instead of my modem being taken back.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Hi,
I just surrendered my MTNL modem in Mumbai and can gladly share my experience with you.
I had applied for a wifi modem in May 2013 but MTNL seemed to be running in short supply even in June end and failed to carry my request out. I decided to buy my own wifi modem router and purchased a TP-Link. After using the new one for 3 days and assured of its performance I finally decided to surrender MTNL's modem.
You need to write an application to MTNL mentioning that you are surrendering the modem and stating the reason for doing so.
IMPORTANT: application has to be from the owner of the MTNL connection and signed by him/her. Please carry ID proof of the owner with you at the time of submission of application.
My connection is still in the name of my late father and MTNL's staff did raise some issue regarding it but ultimately went ahead with the procedure.
Application has to be in triplicate i.e. 3 copies.
Along with the modem, they ask for the power adapter, cables/wires, splitter that MTNL had provided at the time of broadband installation. Luckily I had all these intact with me, I'm not sure what would they do if some of these are not available for surrender. Knowing MTNL, they might make you run from pillar to post.
Go to your local telephone exchange which caters to your area only. You will be guided to the store staff who will accept your modem and accessories and stamp the copies of your application. They will return 2 copies back to you, 1 of which will have to be submitted to the broadband desk who will acknowledge the receipt and hand over the final copy back to you.
I faced a minor hiccup, as I had alread applied for a wifi modem (which wasn't delivered ultimately), I had to get that work order cancelled. If you are in a similar position, chances are that you might have to become an MTNL peon for a few minutes and request the relevant department to cancel the work order and give a letter for cancellation which you submit to the broadband desk.
Another event that happened while i was at this...the broadband executive while updating my request on their system accidentally deleted ADSL service subscription from my account. Seems like she did it wrongly, coz my broadband connection is working fine. She realised her mistake immediately and called up associated department to ignore this cancellation.
This is my experience, I'm sure this isn't the end of it. I need to monitor my subsequent bills to see if they have actually cancelled monthly charges for their modem or they r wrongly charging me for it.
Hope my narration has been helpful.
Have a great day 🙂

Upvote 0
So basically it was not cancelling the broadband connection, but just surrendering the CPE, hence that exit interview was not done.

Upvote 0