• Thread starter Thread starter boy2008
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 4,761

boy2008

ISP
MTNL
Hey guys,
I recently changed my Plan to Xpress Non Combo Unlimited 1000 from DSL_Unlimited_999
Now its my fault I booked for plan change on 18th July 2012(Middle of a month). The plan changed within 2 days. But as it was middle of the month, my 30GB limit was used. So I just got 1MBps the remaining month.

I thought that from 1st Aug 2012 onward I'll get 2Mbps upto 30GB, but am still getting 1Mbps till date.

Now my Question is, when will my 2Mbps be activated?

If its on the date of my Bill or sometime when I first booked MTNL broadband(Again middle of a month), will the usage is considered from start of calender month?

Now my other concern is, if till that date, my usage(Download+Upload) gets above 30GB, then I'll never get 2Mbps. Each month I'll be stuck with 1Mbps 🙁

Please clear this to me.
Thanks.

Any help guys???

As mtnl billing cycle is from the first to the 31st of each month, you should be getting 2mbps. File a complaint .

As mtnl billing cycle is from the first to the 31st of each month, you should be getting 2mbps. File a complaint .
Hey thanks. Okay I'll place a complaint.

Ok finally my 2Mbps speed was allocated. Thanks guys.

Just for curiosity, what you guys think is better for heavy downloader and online gaming? DSL_Unlimited_999 OR Xpress Non Combo Unlimited 1000

Xpress 1000 gives gives you more speed for the same cost (within fup) and 1mbps after that, right ? Seems better than 999 uld to me.

Well I'll try this Plan for few months. Just now I've calculated and I found out that this MTNL guys had screwed up my DSL_Unlimited_999 plan too. Coz according to that plan(DSL_Unlimited_999) I should have got 140+ Kbps in morning and 160+ Kbps at night, but I use to get around 100Kbps whole day 🙁. The speed never change between day and night. Damn they are so unprofessional. So if I had got the proper plan profile in DSL_Unlimited_999, I would have not switched to this plan. I am so angry right now, as of till this date I have already used 23GB (Down + Upload). Now only got 7gb for 2mbps 🙁. Why MTNL????!!!!!!

you guys are still stuck at 1Mbps? poor you, i am enjoying 5Mbps ul hathway at 1.4k per month, i am more superior than you mtnl subscribers lol.😀

you guys are still stuck at 1Mbps? poor you, i am enjoying 5Mbps ul hathway at 1.4k per month, i am more superior than you mtnl subscribers lol.😀
LOL good for you 🙂
I wish I have more internet speed. One of my friend in Dombivli gets 10Mbps for 500 bucks per month. No cap. Its from some local cablewala. 🙂

Hi guys I just went from 999 to Express Unlimited as well but in 999 I used to get 180kbps and at night 230kbps and in Express I am only getting 200kbps.The worst part is my downloads seem to be capped. Like my torrents are running at only 20 to 30kbps and filehost downloads from sites like mediafire and such are also capped around 30 - 40 kbps.Speedtest.net seems to give a download speed of 1.7Mbps. Also my YouTube videos are loading quite normal and I can see 720p videos without buffering but donno whats up with downloading 😕

If you were getting 180-230kBps on 999, why in the world did you switch ?Anyway, I'll have a look in a while. Everything seemed fine till yesterday.

If you were getting 180-230kBps on 999, why in the world did you switch ?
Anyway, I'll have a look in a while. Everything seemed fine till yesterday.
Cause I assumed if I get that speed on 1Mbps connection I will definitely get double on a 2Mbps connection.

Ideally you should be getting only 120kBps on a 1 mbps connection, and around 220kBps on 2mbps connection. File a complaint citing slow speed.

Ideally you should be getting only 120kBps on a 1 mbps connection, and around 220kBps on 2mbps connection. File a complaint citing slow speed.

In that case, I should just file a complaint and see if something happens. Since Iam already getting the ideal speeds I don't got anything to loose 🙂
Thanks for your quick replies and help 😀

My speeds have droped after applying for this Xpress plan of 2mbps. Now I only get 60 kbps. 🙁 Called customer care they have requested me to call them back tomorrow. Will see if this works out perfectly or will have to change the plan again just to get them to change the speeds and acidently mess up again 😛