Some Questions related Xpress Non Combo Unlimited 1000

• Thread starter Thread starter boy2008
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 4,762
I just switched from 999 to 1000 as well. On 999 I used to get 1mbps thru the day and 1.33 mbps at nights correctly as per the plan very consistently.

Having switched to the 1000 plan I was expecting 200+ kbps downloads. But for the past 2 days since the new plan has gone active speedtest consistenly shows my connection at 1.6-1.75 Mbps. Basically there has been no downside. I am not paying more than before and the same speeds as earlier but now its throughout the day. However 1.6 Mbps is below 80% of the promised 2 Mbps rate.

Yet a bit disappointed as was looking forward to ~240kbps downloads and streaming higher res vids.

Just hope that post 30GB FUP I dont get 80% of 1 Mbps.

Hi guys I just went from 999 to Express Unlimited as well but in 999 I used to get 180kbps and at night 230kbps and in Express I am only getting 200kbps.
😕

It seems the MTNL guys might not have set your bandwidth cap correctly as per you plan and had set you @ 2Mbps speeds by default. It been known to happen on MTNL quite often. When you requested the change they might have reset the speeds correctly. And the Xpress plan speeds seem to be lower than the promised speeds for some reason. The unlimited plans have always delivered full speeds for me as I have been on the 512, 768 and 999 plans previously.

Ah. I too faced this issue when I moved to xpress 1000. Issue is with the sync rate, when it is set to 2048kbps, the connection seems to max out 1.75mbps for some reason. call up the cc, and and complain about low speeds, they'll give me your exchange's sde or equivalent's number, call that person up and tell him you're getting only 1.5mbps, he'll prolly increase the sync rate to 4096kbps and you'll get the entire 2mbps 🙂

It seems the MTNL guys might not have set your bandwidth cap correctly as per you plan and had set you @ 2Mbps speeds by default. It been known to happen on MTNL quite often. When you requested the change they might have reset the speeds correctly. And the Xpress plan speeds seem to be lower than the promised speeds for some reason. The unlimited plans have always delivered full speeds for me as I have been on the 512, 768 and 999 plans previously.

Yeah that whats upsets me 🙁
I kinda screwed my self over.

Ah. I too faced this issue when I moved to xpress 1000. Issue is with the sync rate, when it is set to 2048kbps, the connection seems to max out 1.75mbps for some reason. call up the cc, and and complain about low speeds, they'll give me your exchange's sde or equivalent's number, call that person up and tell him you're getting only 1.5mbps, he'll prolly increase the sync rate to 4096kbps and you'll get the entire 2mbps 🙂

I just wanted to let you guys know that since the 1504 support wasn't helping me I went to the MTNL office in person and talked to a representative, he was on a phone and talking about new lines. Later when he completed his conversation I approached him and complaint about the speeds, he told me that there will be slow or frequent drops on connection untill the 1st or 2nd week of October. He said that the number of MTNL Triband customers have increased so dramatically that they are laying Fiber optics in areas where 80% or more residents are MTNL Broadband users and since my area uses MTNL mostly they have decided to upgrade the wires.

This is awesome. As it will give us great connection quality and room for upgrades to higher speeds will rise too 😀

he told me that there will be slow or frequent drops on connection untill the 1st or 2nd week of October. He said that the number of MTNL Triband customers have increased so dramatically that they are laying Fiber optics in areas where 80% or more residents are MTNL Broadband users and since my area uses MTNL mostly they have decided to upgrade the wires.

This is awesome. As it will give us great connection quality and room for upgrades to higher speeds will rise too 😀

Which exchange are you from? I think this guy was bullshitting you. Did you ask him where these fiber optic cables are being laid? AFAIK ALL exchanges in mumbai are connected to each other with fiber optic cable.
PS It will be interesting to know which area in Mumbai is not having 80% or more residents on MTNL!!!! Maybe be one of these new cluster colonies in the suburbs???

Which exchange are you from? I think this guy was bullshitting you. Did you ask him where these fiber optic cables are being laid? AFAIK ALL exchanges in mumbai are connected to each other with fiber optic cable.
PS It will be interesting to know which area in Mumbai is not having 80% or more residents on MTNL!!!! Maybe be one of these new cluster colonies in the suburbs???

Actually I felt he was BSing too so I called again later and even the customer care guy said there are few changes being made and everything should be fine in 1 2 weeks. He didn't mentioned Fiber Optics though. I am actually from Bhayandar (not exactly Mumbai, its in Thane but since all my mail's have mumbai written on it I have a habit of saying mumbai too 😛)
My entire soceity has MTNL that I can confirm. I hope he wasn't bullshittin coz the office isn't far from me and I don't mind going there until I get my net speed fixed.

yup, i think that just might be the solution. except I have no idea how to get it done. Been in contact with the guys at the local exchange and they say that 1.5-1.6 mbps is the correct speed for a 2mbps plan and I shouldn't expect more. When i tried to explain and convince them to change the downlink to 4096 they said that can happen only when I go for a 4 mbps plan. Currently all that is not handled by them, but directly from prabhadevi servers and those guys will only make the change if I go for a 4mbps plan.

I only see a 9999 per month 4 mbps plan. That's too steep. Else I wouldn't mind taking up a 1000-1500 low fup limit plan for 15 days or so till they reset my downlink and then revert to the 1000 plan.

Alternatively does anyone have any contact numbers for the prabhadevi center where the servers and speeds are managed?/

Hi Guys,Just letting you know that the speeds are back 😀 at least for me 😛I am getting 280kbps till 30GB and as the guy at the counter said, I must get 130 to 150 after the limit is reached, he told me that too. The good thing is I actually saw some people laying new lines in our building 3 4 days ago and was expecting to get full speeds soon.I hope they were fiber optics 🙂I have never had any serious issues with MTNL, though their CC some times sucks I can always go to the office and get it fixed. MTNL is the only government enterprise that I am proud of, it just gets better and better 😀

Awesome the MTNL website has been updated and they have posted new plans regarding Fiber Optics to home connections. They have unlimited connections of up to 10 Mbps with FUP limits of course but after that you get 512 kbps. I am just waiting till that 512 gets bumped up to 1 Mbps 😀

Here is the link: MTNL Fibre to the Home Broadband Service

I am getting 280kbps till 30GB and as the guy at the counter said, I must get 130 to 150 after the limit is reached, he told me that too. 😀

Could you please check and post what your downlink rate is set at?

Could you please check and post what your downlink rate is set at?
Where can I check that in my router settings.
If you mean the Upstream and Downstream then they are set to 509 and 2047.

Also I just contacted the support and it turns out there is actually Fiber to the home service available in our area 😀 Yeah Baby!!!!

Though I am afraid they may keep an eye on our downloads as she said a unique IP and Unique DNS will be provided to keep track of usage. Unique DNS what the hell 😕

Dammit, one of my post was either not posted or blocked as it contained a link.The MTNL website has been updated and you can see the Fiber to the home plans which have unlimited plans too with FUP limitations of-course 😛The speeds are good 10Mbps and the limits are generous but after the limit is reached you get only 512 kbps speed which kinda sucks I would have jumped on if it was 1 mbps.Well I can't post the link here so you may just google for MTNL Mumbai Unlimited Plans and droll over your keyboard 😛

Bug them with the same slow speed complaint, they'll change it. Else, the forum has the ids of higher ups, mail them and your issue should be fixed.

Bug them with the same slow speed complaint, they'll change it.
Else, the forum has the ids of higher ups, mail them and your issue should be fixed.

There is no issue. I am getting my speed now. I just hate that all the new Fiber To The Home unlimited plans jump to 512 kbps once you reach the FUP download and upload limits.

I just asked them to switch me to this from the 999 Unlimited to get 2M upto 30 G.

They called many times to confirm and said its been activated now. My speeds are stuck at 1M. How long till it actually gives me 2 M downloads? I check on SpeedTest.net

Or is this a bug where I have to call them again and complain?

Where can I check that in my router settings.
If you mean the Upstream and Downstream then they are set to 509 and 2047.

Also I just contacted the support and it turns out there is actually Fiber to the home service available in our area 😀 Yeah Baby!!!!

Though I am afraid they may keep an eye on our downloads as she said a unique IP and Unique DNS will be provided to keep track of usage. Unique DNS what the hell 😕

Hey thanks. Okay I'll place a complaint.

Ok finally my 2Mbps speed was allocated. Thanks guys.

Just for curiosity, what you guys think is better for heavy downloader and online gaming? DSL_Unlimited_999 OR Xpress Non Combo Unlimited 1000

How did you complain? Online or Phone call? Which numbers? I am noticing the same issue.