Airtel 4G in Bangalore

• Thread starter Thread starter tangojoker
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2,123

tangojoker

ISP
Airtel
Hi All,My HTC sensation shows that it is connected via 4G in Manyata Bangalore. I have the Rs 98 edge plan and have done no other setting. The speed is not much, but better than 2G speeds.Details of Tower:CID - 44641.CheersTJ

4g on HTC Sensation !AFAIK Sensation was only launched as a 3G phone in India & hence 4g on this phone is not possible, although a few models in North America & other countries might have had 4g variants - so was this phone imported ?Even in case it is a 4g capable phone i still doubt if Airtel's frequency is the same the North American or another variant phone. *can you please post a screen shot of the network status in Settings

The phone is from US provider T Mobile. Other than this phone, the "H" symbol for data shows up on samsung SIII and Sony xperia phones too. I wi share the status screenshot when i go to work.Cheers

in some places 3.5G HSPA+ is also considered as 4G.Even if i assume the phone has LTE, it can't catch Airtel's 2300mhz LTE network....it is a new band and almost there is no device support in that band(most have 700mhz radios).

a quick question, how do i upload images ? i have screenshots with details.

Go to imgur: the simple image sharer

Drag and drop images on the page, click on upload then you will get different links, look for this type of code

Code:
[IMG]link-here[/IMG]
insert the code in your post and click preview, when everything is set, click on Submit Reply.

go to tinypic.comif it's in PC then it's quite easy and you'll understand how to do it.

thanks Samuel

In Manyata shows as 4g on my T Mobile Sensation.

In Marathahalli as 2G

checked on Samsung SIII. shows up as H only. dont have the screenshots for that.

Till Now, No Mobile Phone has been manufactured in the world which can support 2300 MHz TD-LTE Network of India. So, forget about 4GEnjoy the speed if you are getting it 😉