Airtel 4G in Bangalore

tangojoker

[OP]
Aug 3, 2012
Hi All,My HTC sensation shows that it is connected via 4G in Manyata Bangalore. I have the Rs 98 edge plan and have done no other setting. The speed is not much, but better than 2G speeds.Details of Tower:CID - 44641.CheersTJ

madhusudhan7

leaguemaddy
Regulars
Aug 10, 2008
Bangalore
4g on HTC Sensation !AFAIK Sensation was only launched as a 3G phone in India & hence 4g on this phone is not possible, although a few models in North America & other countries might have had 4g variants - so was this phone imported ?Even in case it is a 4g capable phone i still doubt if Airtel's frequency is the same the North American or another variant phone. *can you please post a screen shot of the network status in Settings

tangojoker

[OP]
Aug 3, 2012
The phone is from US provider T Mobile. Other than this phone, the "H" symbol for data shows up on samsung SIII and Sony xperia phones too. I wi share the status screenshot when i go to work.Cheers

devx101

Senior
Regulars
Dec 29, 2010
in some places 3.5G HSPA+ is also considered as 4G.Even if i assume the phone has LTE, it can't catch Airtel's 2300mhz LTE network....it is a new band and almost there is no device support in that band(most have 700mhz radios).

tangojoker

[OP]
Aug 3, 2012
a quick question, how do i upload images ? i have screenshots with details.

Samuel

Regulars
Nov 7, 2010
Delhi/NCR
Go to imgur: the simple image sharer

Drag and drop images on the page, click on upload then you will get different links, look for this type of code

Code:
[IMG]link-here[/IMG]
insert the code in your post and click preview, when everything is set, click on Submit Reply.

tangojoker

[OP]
Aug 3, 2012
thanks Samuel

In Manyata shows as 4g on my T Mobile Sensation.

In Marathahalli as 2G

checked on Samsung SIII. shows up as H only. dont have the screenshots for that.