No game or sport is 'National Game': Sports ministry in RTI reply

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 2,393
I was about to post this...According to the Government, they do say that Mahatma Gandhi is not Father of Nation.It all in our mind, how we see is how it is.

hmm...At least this is a lesson for us to stop assuming high on anything...

I now strongly demand Wrestling to be declared as national game as its present everywhere in sports,politics,business,education,offices ah even at homes. :iconrofl:

I think Kabbadi should be National Game. We are good at pulling each other's legs 🙂

^ I was about to write Kabaddi first but I find wrestling more suitable in current scenario.

This thread reminds me another incident where home ministry when asked the national language of india, answered india doesn't have any national language and another question about official name of country they gave same answer :iconrofl:

I think we Indians believed in lots of myths earlier. Now we know that perhaps we dont have official Fatner of Nation (?), no National Language and No National Sports too.What else is termed as National icon? I guess Tea?

National Flower, Bird .. Oh, so many things are there....I am expecting some people to start pushing these to have them officially declared to be so. And may just have some people protest it.

Well, thats what I would have updated a week ago, if I was into updating Wikis & stuff.

Wikipedia says national sport of India is hockey!!

Well, thats what I would have updated a week ago, if I was into updating Wikis & stuff.

Just check whether Mahatma Gandhi is still 'Father of Nation' in wikipedia. It remains, we people need not care about Government. But, i know, saying hockey is not a national game of india will bring joy to cricketers and cricket fans.

He is known in India as the Father of the Nation;[6] his birthday, 2 October, is commemorated there as Gandhi Jayanti, a national holiday, and world-wide as the International Day of Non-Violence. The title of 'Father of Nation' was not formally conferred by the Government on Gandh

He is known as Father of the nation but its not official.

He is known as Father of the nation but its not official.
In the same way the national game is.

Well I would like to know why its our national game? The reason for Mahatma Gandhi is well known & fair enough, why hockey?

Well I would like to know why its our national game? The reason for Mahatma Gandhi is well known & fair enough, why hockey?
Well, Hockey has brought 8 Gold Medals, Has Cricket brought that? or atleast 8 WCs?