No game or sport is 'National Game': Sports ministry in RTI reply

mreccentric

Addict
Regulars
Feb 13, 2012
India
I was about to post this...According to the Government, they do say that Mahatma Gandhi is not Father of Nation.It all in our mind, how we see is how it is.

iCon

masoom kameena!
Regulars
May 18, 2011
hmm...At least this is a lesson for us to stop assuming high on anything...

I now strongly demand Wrestling to be declared as national game as its present everywhere in sports,politics,business,education,offices ah even at homes. :iconrofl:

iCon

masoom kameena!
Regulars
May 18, 2011
^ I was about to write Kabaddi first but I find wrestling more suitable in current scenario.

zigma

Regular
Regulars
Sep 14, 2009
This thread reminds me another incident where home ministry when asked the national language of india, answered india doesn't have any national language and another question about official name of country they gave same answer :iconrofl:

SVK

svknet.wordpress.com
Regulars
Jan 19, 2007
svknet.wordpress.com
I think we Indians believed in lots of myths earlier. Now we know that perhaps we dont have official Fatner of Nation (?), no National Language and No National Sports too.What else is termed as National icon? I guess Tea?

mhsabir

Xclusive
[OP]
Regulars
Oct 7, 2006
Chennai
National Flower, Bird .. Oh, so many things are there....I am expecting some people to start pushing these to have them officially declared to be so. And may just have some people protest it.

mhsabir

Xclusive
[OP]
Regulars
Oct 7, 2006
Chennai
Well, thats what I would have updated a week ago, if I was into updating Wikis & stuff.