Indian fans harrased by Sri Lankan crowd at Premadasa

• Thread starter Thread starter rodeoz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 2,260
so?Have you ever been to a football match?

so?

Have you ever been to a football match?

I have also lived in a city that faced one of the worst communal violence in India. So? Does that make another instance of communal violence in another city any less disgusting? FFS talk sense. Boorish crowd behavior can not be justified by pointing to similar instances that took place elsewhere.

And if you actually watched both football and cricket, you would realise that the level of hooliganism that exists in Football is on a totally different level as compared to cricket.

Girl in Pune to cops: "I have been raped."
Cops: "So? Have you never been to Delhi?"

what you sow is what you get😛leasantry:

What are you talking about?
Even Pakistani fans come here cheer for their country but no such incidents have occurred.

I have also lived in a city that faced one of the worst communal violence in India. So? Does that make another instance of communal violence in another city any less disgusting? FFS talk sense. Boorish crowd behavior can not be justified by pointing to similar instances that took place elsewhere.

And if you actually watched both football and cricket, you would realise that the level of hooliganism that exists in Football is on a totally different level as compared to cricket.

Girl in Pune to cops: "I have been raped."
Cops: "So? Have you never been to Delhi?"

Again how is that even relevant?

Are we talking about verbal abuse, rape or communal violence?

Also this:

Again how is that even relevant?

Are we talking about verbal abuse, rape or communal violence?

Also this:

So verbal abuse and slapping are not something to be offended about? Suppose you get abused and slapped around on the street and the Policeman delivers the Stephen Fry lecture to you when you go about complaining! That would be epic!

Or wait? Are you the superman who will rather bash up the hooligans and chew a matchstick afterwards than "whine" about such petty things?

Seriously dude, avoid going to one of the Scandinavian countries. You may end up calling a black man "Nigger" and then claim "so what? you have never heard rap songs?" - unless you want to do compulsory community service out of choice.

This needs to be uprooted from the stem. Indians are not perfect either, how do you think some people will react when they read their folks/friends were treated like this - Will not they not retaliate when they (SL fans) visit India, and soon we will have fist fights at matches all around.They should not allow this to be escalated to that level.

Not agree.. If such incident happened then it should me highlighted in media so the rest of the world should know. We consider SL as close friends of India and our people and don't forget about fishermen gets this kind of treatment at their territory. SL govt and cricket board should apologies and make sure that it should not be repeated.

On funny note... What else you can expect from land of Ravan. :laugh:

What are you talking about?
Even Pakistani fans come here cheer for their country but no such incidents have occurred.

Absolutely and when you go there for match rickshawala don't take money from Indians as friendship gesture. SHAME on SL

what you sow is what you get😛leasantry:

I agree with u bro, i remember when i had gone to see ind aus world cup match in 1996 at wankhede how the aussie supporters were harrased and the indian cops did nothing ... Indian crowds had also got famous for pelting stones at visiting teams inbetween if u remember .. so u rightly said what one sows is what one gets !!

I agree with u bro, i remember when i had gone to see ind aus world cup match in 1996 at wankhede how the aussie supporters were harrased and the indian cops did nothing ... Indian crowds had also got famous for pelting stones at visiting teams inbetween if u remember .. so u rightly said what one sows is what one gets !!

I disagree here. "You reap what you sow" holds good when taking about an individual. Not when you are talking in a generic sense. The lady who got beer cans thrown at her, or the guy who got slapped may not have ever misbehaved at a stadium. They are certainly not reaping what they sowed!

When Indian crowd gets boorish, people do take strong notice of that. Eden Gardens was not given an international game for a long time after crowd misbehavior. Spectators were ejected and made to appear before a court for racially taunting Symonds. Pointing flaws at others does not mean turning a blind eye to our own shortcomings.

This was serious misbehavior. Not some jeering or banter which can be brushed off as part of sports rivalry. Beer cans have been thrown, people slapped and forcibly made to wave the Lankan flag. Don't think this can be brushed off as routine in any case - even if it happens in other sports, or in the same sport in India.

You go to a foreign country then you wave your flag in their face when their team is loosing. What do you expect? You want them to throw rose petals at you? Don't be naive. There is a code of conduct for visiting fans no matter what the sport. We Indians might be pacifists. But don't assume that others are too.