Doubt : Theft - debit card used - after using at Apple Store ?

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 48
  • Views Views 9,043
you just need the card no., expiry and the VBV code.

That's what, even I said. But that may be needed if you use verified by visa or something. Otherwise, I don't think debit cards need transaction password as used in netbanking

i really had no idea u could use debit card for international transactions 😀

VBV pass is mandatory by RBI as per 2k11 i guess.

actually in my experience... international payment gateways do not ask for it. i have a mastercard and payment gateways from cloudflare, paypal, GoDaddy, hover, google wallet have never asked me the MasterCard SecureCode.

Strange. I always get this page saying that I'm using a suspicious IP and need to enter my transaction password. @adminMaybe you can't 😛 I've never used it for that purpose

It maybe because he has some sort of keylogger/trojan/rat in his PC?
Maybe the restaurant PC was hacked and CC stolen?

Why in this world would Apple leak his details? I can make out from your recent posts that you don't like apple but this is bs.

I dislike Apple, but I think you have read my post incorrectly or atleast understood it incorrectly. I am of the view that its unlikely Apple's vault. He got an iPhone to proudly showoff in his own words and he is the one blaming Apple for the mess.

I would love to know which keylogger/hacker who takes pain to steal a couple of dollars

2nd level verification is only for Indian sites. It is neither mandatory, nor works, for international ones. I have also seen this is applicable only to Master and Visa cards. I am never asked for any additional questions for an Amex card even on Indian sites.

Right. But, with Amex, the address that you enter has to be very accurate. Irritating it is at times 😉

I dislike Apple, but I think you have read my post correctly or atleast understood it correctly. I dislike Apple, but I am of the view that its unlikely Apple's vault. He got an iPhone to proudly showoff in his own words and he is the one blaming Apple for the mess.

I would love to know which keylogger/hacker who takes pain to steal a couple of dollars

I know how the system works for them.
Hackers usually check the card if it is valid or not before selling them out or using themselves .

I'm not saying this is what has happened, its just one of the thousand possibilities that could have happened.

Right. But, with Amex, the address that you enter has to be very accurate. Irritating it is at times 😉

This isn't card specific, it is usually implemented by the merchants like the one shopto.net uses.

Right, even I felt the same. But a couple of points of his like never before this app purchase were hard to argue. Nevertheless, Let's see if he gets any more details from bank or statement or even Apple for that matter

his bank statement should already show enough details to locate the source of that payment.

This isn't card specific, it is usually implemented by the merchants like the one shopto.net uses.

Not really getting you. Amex has no system like vbv is what I meant.

I did ask him to check that, should get updates from him in a day or two...