Worst place to do online shopping beware!!!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter lynton
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 4,506
@kickass, nope the stuff that i have bought till now didn't require customs, SnS takes care of that though, u can contact them beforehand for the customs estimate before buying any item that attracts customs duty.

recently ordered a jeans from jabong.com . fast delivery and good quality product. will give full marks to them.

thanks. 1 more qstn 😛 why go thru SnS? Amazon itself offers international shipping directly to India.

Amazon's shipping charges are outrageous. Moreover, a lot of items aren't shipped by Amazon internationally. SnS offers much cheaper shipping rates, and they charge customs at actuals and even give you the original receipt.

I agree Ebay is a good place to shop i never had a bad experience with ebay, and moreover the seller doesn't get his money until the buyer conforms the order so ebay i think is the most safe place to do online shopping..

I agree Ebay is a good place to shop i never had a bad experience with ebay, and moreover the seller doesn't get his money until the buyer conforms the order so ebay i think is the most safe place to do online shopping..

I dont think ebay is bad... i've shopped in it. whats the reason?

I don't agree on eBay being the worst. They are by far the best online site to buy from in India. No one offers consumer protection like they do. Other sites are pretty random.

I've shopped on ebay since 2005-2006 & have 100% feedback with a lot of purchases, i've even sold on eBay but the Customer Care & the entire system is flawed. A seller with a perfect knowledge on ebay internal policies etc can easily fool a normal/new buyer.

Search online for scams/issues related eBay - it takes nearly 2-3 months & countless calls/emails to get a refund under the normal ebay process. The freebies they shipped me under the various offers took 4-5 months at times.
**OVERALL - I've been shopping online for several years now & do an average of 3-4 transactions every month, everything i buy including electronics, computer related, mobiles, clothes, shoes, books etc are all bought online.
MY VERDICT - It really does not matter if there are minor issues like rare shipment delays or similar errors, these human errors happen but what really matters is the way Customer Care handles the situation when there is an issue.

eBay's customer care is bad. They don't callback as promised, keep up with the time lines & also provide wrong information many a times + their previous records management is very poor.

According to me if Future Bazaar says 'Delivery in 5-7 days' & delivers the product is 7 days - IS STILL GOOD SERVICE
*but*
if customer care is in efficient in handling the situation within the promised timeline then it's bad service

P.S: Send me a private message if you are more interested in my horrible experiences with eBay, i shall share my ebay user id & more details about the incidents