Worst place to do online shopping beware!!!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter lynton
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 4,501

lynton

ISP
BSNL
The worst place to do online shopping is Rediff shopping!!! Beware!! the management doesnot care for there coustomers!!! if you have a complain on your product try to call them on there toll free number to place a complain the number will always be engaged so you cannot place a complain!!! if you email them they willnot reply!!! they also ship the product as they like taking there cool time!! worst online shopping place Rediff shopping!!!

Rediff has been bad ever since they began a decade or so ago. Indiatimes is following on their footsteps.

as far as i know infibeam is a good place to do shopping, they are prompt in there service, for kids FirstCry is good!! there are very much service oriented, once firstcry.com shipped me a potty which i had bought from them was broken not there fault though it was the courier handling!! when i contacted them on there live chat option on there website they asked me to send a picture of the broken potty which i did and they shipped me another one at once and checked with me if it was delivered in perfect condition!! but not rediff very very bad!! not bothered at all about there customers!! never shop with them!!

Rediff, Indiatimes, eBay are the worst

Homeshop18 also sucks - Price too good especially in Super-deals but Customer Care sucks, shipment delays on almost every order, also check their return policy !
Myntra - Order Cancellations, Bad customer care if something goes wrong as described here: https://broadband.forum/online-shopping/79708-myntra-user-experiences/#post648823

Flipkart, former Letsbuy, Future Bazaar, Sulekha has been very good
Infibeam good too except a few instances of cancelled orders & delayed shipment

Yebhi has been moderate, price etc is good but TELEMARKETING MESSAGES ARE VERY IRRITATING, CAN'T STOP THEM EVEN AFTER TRYING UNSUBSCRIBE OPTION, SAYS: YOUR MOBILE NUMBER IS NOT SUBSCRIBED

Rediff, Indiatimes, eBay are the worst

Homeshop18 also sucks - Price too good especially in Super-deals but Customer Care sucks, shipment delays on almost every order, also check their return policy !
Myntra - Order Cancellations, Bad customer care if something goes wrong as described here: https://broadband.forum/online-shopping/79708-myntra-user-experiences/#post648823

Flipkart, former Letsbuy, Future Bazaar, Sulekha has been very good
Infibeam good too except a few instances of cancelled orders & delayed shipment

Yebhi has been moderate, price etc is good but TELEMARKETING MESSAGES ARE VERY IRRITATING, CAN'T STOP THEM EVEN AFTER TRYING UNSUBSCRIBE OPTION, SAYS: YOUR MOBILE NUMBER IS NOT SUBSCRIBED

I don't agree on eBay being the worst. They are by far the best online site to buy from in India. No one offers consumer protection like they do. Other sites are pretty random.

Flipkart is good for books and CDs. Beyond that, since they don't stock the stuff themselves, there are delays. Moreover their recent changes to charge for shipping for orders below 300 has taken away whatever little price advantage they had. However, they still remain one of the better sites to buy from.

Haven't ever bought from Sulekha, so can't comment.

Future Bazaar is another bad site. They apparently believe that people ordering online are fine with delays. Their delivery scheule for metros is 7 days and for non-metros is 21 days. They do stick to their deadlines though. I have received all my orders from them in 15 - 20 days, so in that way they kept their commitment.

i tell you a recent story of ebay .i bought a car perfume on ebay. it delivered but its lid was a bit opened and looked like perfume was a bit less in there. i didnt use it , and complained to the seller. seller didnt give proper response and only offered me discount on my 2nd purchase with him. i didnt like the response ,i gave a negative review for that item,also i opened the perfume and installed in my car. now bollocks perfume was or is Chinese fake , it smells very mildly ,i cant even tell its there.due to negative response(which the seller on ebay find horrible and avoid) seller called me 2-3 times and offered me a new perfume which is even costlier for free, which i accepted and he send it too on a request that i would change ratings to positive which i have done.dont know about the quality of new perfume but seems fine, will install soon in car.

due to negative response(which the seller on ebay find horrible and avoid) seller called me 2-3 times and offered me a new perfume which is even costlier for free, which i accepted and he send it too on a request that i would change ratings to positive which i have done.

Ratings are very important for sellers on eBay. The other thing is since they don't get the money till a buyer actually confirms receipt, it is in the interest of the seller to ship his item fast and send as described. I hate selling on eBay due to this reason, however it gives small sellers a national reach, which isn't easy with other sites, as they have minimum sales requirements are other crap.

Rediff is a total pain. I don't remember a good shopping experience with them.

Flipkart has been excellent for me. Always shipped the item the same day and was delivered within 48 hours. I have ordered a lot from ebay and the experience has been good. Once a seller shipped me a class 6 micro-sd card. Upon opening the package the box was empty. I contacted the seller telling him that it was empty and that perhaps the courier guys fiddled with the package. He started accusing me of lying. Opened a dispute on ebay and sent them photographs of the package. It took some time but the dispute was settled in my favour and the money refunded. So I will give a + to ebay as well.And yes, Fashion and You have been excellent as well.

wont agree that Homeshop18 sucks... I have made 3-4 purchases from them, the latest being APJ's Turning point which I got for Rs 85/- only(mrp 199). So far the experiences ---> awesome !

Don't agree that ebay is bad, have been shopping with them since 2003 (were called baazee.com then) they have this paisapay system where once you pay the money, it goes to paisapay and not to the seller, once you receive the product and find that its in good condition you can authorize the release of the amount to the seller. Rating system anyways lets you know before hand if the seller is decent or not.Have a bad report about indiaplaza, ordered a phone on 29th July, promised delivery in 3 business days, still not shipped, poor tracking system as well which just shows "assigned to vendor", lazy customer service responds in 3 days, says shipping date shifted to 7th August.Myntra has been excellent for me with the lightening quick shipping/delivery and returns.Homeshop18, terrible stay away.Sulekha, lot of negative reviews so wouldn't try.Flipkart, decent..haven't ordered a lot so cant say much.Dealextreme (intl ordering), pretty good, always received the product within ~ 15 daysAmazon (intl ordering) through Aramex SnS, decent quicker than dealextreme.