How to install BSNL Broadband ?

sanketindia

[OP]
May 24, 2010
hi all.I am applying for broadband combo 600 FN where we get 2-8 unlimited and speed is upto 2Mbps.However, BSNL says they will not install the internet connection and i have to buy the modem. They have just installed telephone at my place and its working.So i have bought Asus DSL-N10E. Though, I am yet to receive id/password, I just wanted to know how to install the internet. With the modem, I have also received splitter and some wires.So could someone please provide step by step installation guide or provide any pointers to the same?Also wanted to know if there is some automation that can be done for this 2-8 night unlimited timeslot.Say, the pc and modem needs to be kept 'on' and some software connects say at 0215 am in the morning, that would be helpful.Thanks in advance.Sanket

outostioncen

Regulars
Jul 22, 2012
Kanpur
inform bsnl that u have just purchased modem and they will send u their technician to your address, if have deposited a separate full filled form for broadband connection.

sanketindia

[OP]
May 24, 2010
inform bsnl that u have just purchased modem and they will send u their technician to your address, if have deposited a separate full filled form for broadband connection.

Thanks but as I have said, they have declined to install broadband. They said I have to install it or get help of friend. On another note, if i fail to do on my own then he said he will arrange for a visit but that techincal guy will charge around 300/400 Rs in PUNE. So thats why looking for instructions to install it.

Regards.

x720

Incoherent Poster
Regulars
Aug 14, 2011
Gurgaon | Mumbai
6- WLAN Setup
WLAN Interface – Enable
Encryption – WEP
WEP Key- Key length - 64 Bits
Key Format – Hex 10
Key- Enter 10 digit number
Click Next

Use WPA2 instead of WEP :)

anant.del

Addicts
Regulars
Jan 2, 2010
Thanks but as I have said, they have declined to install broadband. They said I have to install it or get help of friend. On another note, if i fail to do on my own then he said he will arrange for a visit but that techincal guy will charge around 300/400 Rs in PUNE. So thats why looking for instructions to install it.

Regards.

weird usually its better to let the co. guys handle this stuff...

outostioncen

Regulars
Jul 22, 2012
Kanpur
yes thats true they will charge for the visit/adjustment, but let them do their task, or call 1500 from your landline and ask them about your account id and other setting so that u can do it by yourself.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Regulars
Apr 15, 2009
Wire from BSNL goes to splitter from where it will split to phone and modem. Ports will be labeled and hence easier to identify.

sanketindia

[OP]
May 24, 2010
Wire from BSNL goes to splitter from where it will split to phone and modem. Ports will be labeled and hence easier to identify.

yes. I was about to ask that question. Currently i have one cable connected from Board to Phone. And there is one cable which came along with modem. It seems this cable will go from Modem to PC Lan port. Correct ?

So I think i can use the current Board to Phone cable for Board to Splitter and then I will still need 2 cables from Splitter to Phone and Splitter to Modem. Am I right? which ones are these (I mean what are these called ? technical name...) RJ11 or RJ45 ? Any link to buy these ?

Regards.