• Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 5,851

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Their sole aim is to make great products.

Apple design chief: 'Our goal isn't to make money' - Telegraph

Sir Jonathan Ive, whose personal fortune stands at an estimated at $130m, said yesterday that Apple’s guiding principle was nothing to do with its balance sheet, and that it simply wanted to make “great products”.
“Our goal isn’t to make money. Our goal absolutely at Apple is not to make money. This may sound a little flippant but it’s the truth,” said the British designer, who is credited with shaping the iPad and iPhone.
“Our goal and what gets us excited is to try and make great products. We trust that if we are successful people will like them, and if we are operationally competent we will make revenue, but we are very clear about our goal.”

mhm ok!

So which political party did you say he belongs to?

Lolz poor old Jonny could be helping blind kids in africa & he would still be booed by google fans 😀 ... BTW dont compare everyone blindly to a republican ok? Even though a douce like Mitt is a republican so is Ron Paul(my fav politician)... It would be better to say he is from the Congress 😀 ...

I am not sure you have read about the conditions under which folks in china make these stuff . I am not saying other companies are good either. But someone who talks so much about delivering a good product & whose "goal absolutely at Apple is not to make money" , for sure they are not doing anything to fix that. In fact they are turning a blind eye & I would not take the "They did not know" nonsense.

I am not sure you have read about the conditions under which folks in china make these stuff . I am not saying other companies are good either. But someone who talks so much about delivering a good product & whose "goal absolutely at Apple is not to make money" , for sure they are not doing anything to fix that. In fact they are turning a blind eye & I would not take the "They did not know" nonsense.

@mhsabir, what kind of conditions are we talking about here???

I don't care about Chinese factories. They are most likely meeting the local laws regarding working conditions already. I want them to end this hypocritical bullshit about why they do what they do. Being greedy is not a bad thing if you are not sucking the blood of the common man. Lol.

Its not about caring Chinese factories, most of our electronic stuff comes from there & hence anything we buy would probably be made under such duress. What I am saying is that if they want to show that they do not care about money per se and care about people etc, they should be moving the manufacturing to other countries where the law is more labour friendly, here, its obvious they are making even more profit by not only charging high for their products, but making sure they make even more by cutting their costs by getting stuff manufactured in such environments.

I think it is already pretty clear that the demand for their products is so high that only Chinese labor factories can fulfill them. In any case Foxconn has been expanding internationally to countries like Brazil so it is getting better with time. Apple needs to stop pretending that they are the only saints in the market with their outrageous tactics to undermine competition. They are doing what they do as much for money as the next guy. You are a publicly traded company. Your primary goal is to be profitable.

Correct, but they could have partially get it done elsewhere? Also, wonder where the patent war is headed.

Foxconn is definitely not the only supplier Apple has. Quantum something is another one I believe. In any case... These are some of the world's biggest oem manufacturers catering to all the players in the market. Apple is just doing what they can do to ensure steady supply of their products.

Check this Tim Cook D10 interview out. You'll get all possible answers.

Liveblog: Tim Cook's Interview at D10 Conference - Mac Rumors

In retrospect, when Kara Swisher asked Tim that "What's your goal? To become at trillion dollar company? Be very secretive? Create your own CIA?"

He replied that "I just want to build great products. There's not a specific revenue goal. I think if we do that, the other things follow. Companies that get confused and think their goal is revenue or a certain profit or whatever, or a stock price of something -- those things you can't focus on and make better. You have to focus on the things that lead to those. For us, that's all about great products. All of our energies are on that, not the result of that."

that's largely pr bullshit. if you just cared about building great products, you would focus on doing just that. you would not get worried about competition and accuse them of copying you. but then i guess they are scared to be tesla and as a result have turned into edison. poor analogy i know. i bet Apple is not proud of this steve jobs videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW0DUg63lqUit is widely documented how they stole the idea of mouse and gui from xerox parc. if parc had patented their concepts and designs, they would have killed apple before they could have launched their products in the market. this alone is a good example why what apple is doing is hurting the entire industry and not just them as they claim.