Jonathan Ive: Apple is not in the business of making money

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 5,855
I was just following forum rules 😕

https://broadband.forum/news-feedback/116-disclaimer-privacy-policy-rules-regulations/#post504

Also! Just to keep the database size sane... Let's not quote posts which are already at the last of the thread...

Meanwhile, I will not try to claim I follow rules always, but I have read & try to follow as I remember them. You can talk to Sushubh, if you have any suggestions.

Now, coming back

I was simply trying to say that even if I had pointed that posts at you, I would "still" not use that kind of a language - Thats all.

And thats another of the reason why I dont want to get into this discussion because I notice and in "my" opinion, you seem to take all posts & respond as if directed at you, personally, rather than at the majority or atleast a huge chunk of Apple users. Also, a lot of things are not explicitly said but implied. And if you want me to find a press release where Apple says we intend to do philanthropic work , then yes, I cant find it.

But, they say our goal is good to make best and perfect products as possible. Fine, for whom . Is it Dogs? As in popular meme for Samsung 3 which said "phone for humans" and the meme says - "I thought it was for my dog" .No, its for humans, in other words they say - they want us humans to have the best of experience, in other words - it is for humanity & humanity is philanthropy . They say Profits are not that important, then, you should make them affordable by not charging wayyyy above & make huge profits - Price them so that more people can get it (Mind you, not at a loss) . And they make limited models, which helps reduce cost even further.

And you say you get the great performance..Fair enough, at the same time, I have many friends are not that happy, some are too dumb to know the difference between iPhone & android & blackberry & for them they buy it because its an iphone (Well, if you dont have an iphone....you dont have an iphone). My point about illusion is targetted precisely at these folks, who fall for these advertisements & in my personal opinion are a HUGE chunk of the idevice buyers. Having said that, I would still say that in my opinion that even anyone else who is buying Apple products, especially in the mobile segment, is paying a premium or atleast something more than it deserves.

And my example about kids under 14 etc, I am not questioning what they are doing is legal or not, I just took it as an example of right & wrong. And I said, other companies are doing worse. Also, I have read a few stories online, of how people are being forced to work for more hours.. And for a company that is already making so much profits, it was a duty to make sure they have enough guidelines to make sure that good work ethics that they project are maintained. It is not a question of legal or illegal - It was a question of moral right.

Again, I once again want to walk out of this conversation, simply because we will not agree to a huge majority of things, and I find spending my energy on an endless discussion is useless.

P.S - Feel free to give concluding comments, but dont expect me to come back & respond to those, simply because it would only result in a loop.

Again, I once again want to walk out of this conversation, simply because we will not agree..

That settles it then...

Btw, just realised aircel doesn't have 3G in Delhi so it won't be as good a deal as I thought it'd be. Not sure if I'm going to get it now :/

Even in non 3G circles, they have a decent mins + sms plan , and you can check if it will be locked to Aircel, otherwise you can give that sim to a family number, who can use a good plan for 6 months and you can use the phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIFdBp8rbtA&feature=player_embeddedonce upon a time he had hair 😀

No we are still not interested in making money,thats why we are developing iwatch which would be bought by wannabe dick tracys