• Thread starter Thread starter jagzviruz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 4,750

jagzviruz

ISP
Tata Wimax
Hi All,
I got my Hathway connection yesterday and am pretty pleased with its performance till now. I have tried setting up wi-fi so I can access the net on my iDevices, but have been unsuccessful. I have a D-Link DSL 2750u purchased from flipkart.com (D-Link D-Link DSL-2750U Wireless N ADSL2+ 4-Port Wi-Fi Router | Router | Flipkart.com) .
Any help would be highly appreciated. I had no troupble setting it up with my previous BSNL and TataWiMax connections..
I have a Zip 5 Max plan.. and have been provided with a Cisco DPQ2160 modem by the service..
Should I go for some other DSL router ?

Please help ..

There is actually no problem with your setting it up. You have to call up hathway customer care and ask them to set your ip free.then restart and connect your router to your modem, and you are set.

I will give it a shot .. is it like they charge you for that or anything ? Should I just ask them to set my IP free ? is it like non-static IP ?

I will give it a shot .. is it like they charge you for that or anything ? Should I just ask them to set my IP free ? is it like non-static IP ?

it is basically that they unbind it from your mac address,no it is absolutely free.