How to start a ISP in a town

• Thread starter Thread starter ramk865
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 1,935

ramk865

ISP
bsnl
hi everyone i am planning to establish a small internet providing service in my town. and my initial expected consumers would be around 200 and BSNL is only the competitor in my area which is following monopolistic policies that are far behind the present speeds in broadband -----offering only 56kbits download speed upto 8gb and for the rest it is 30kbps and charging 750+taxes per month can any one suggest me how to work on this to provide my people with quality based net usage.

U shud refer to locked Hayai BB section.

Yup Jignesh is right refer to hayai section and MG Carley can guide you in a proper manner of how NOT to start a ISP :Boy Surrender:

I think you got the plan from bsnl incorrect. 750UL plan has 2mbps till 6/8Gb , after that its 512kbps UL. AFAIK , 56kbps isnt even broadband and i dont have any knowledge bsnl providing such plan. Even then 56kbps to reach 8 GB will take a long long time.As far as starting an ISP is concerned , we recently had a smaller player in next town, who is a reseller of reliance BB. I think the plan is 1mbps UL for 750 RS or so , this also includes a 1000 Rs (IIRC) non-refundable deposit , mainly for investing in wires/equipments etc i suppose. Something similar to google fiber (300$ one time payment for connection)

in andhra pradesh the plan still remains the worst where the download speed is just 56kbps upto 8gb and later on it goes down to 30kbpsand thanks for the suggestion

hey dude i ve an xmple to tell u suppose if someone stuck in a vacant place and was hungry looking for food and he has the only option to purchase a rotten fruit with his pocket full of money what can he do thats y i want to leave the BSNL in rest and want to provide the best

You'll have to buy bandwidth from either tata, airtel or reliance. I've no idea about the costs though. Now, where are you located ?

Yup Jignesh is right refer to hayai section and MG Carley can guide you in a proper manner of how NOT to start a ISP :Boy Surrender:

Err... 'scuse me? What exactly did I do wrong? The service was started based on input from people like you.

Just because *you* haven't got service yet really doesn't mean much - we knew from day 1 we were going to have to rebuild most of everything and we are continuing to do so.

Err... 'scuse me? What exactly did I do wrong? The service was started based on input from people like you.

Just because *you* haven't got service yet really doesn't mean much - we knew from day 1 we were going to have to rebuild most of everything and we are continuing to do so.
:annoyed::worthy::blink: