How many devices can I connect to Tikona Broadband?

• Thread starter Thread starter spm
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 101
  • Views Views 63,460
Let the router get a IP of its own..note down the ip and now change the ip to the one that was assigned earlier and you should be good to go..

So I changed to "Gateway" and DHCP option in the setup and its not even connecting now. How do I get the IP address of the router? The router does not show any IP when it was connected last.

I am going to use the "Wireless ISP" option to setup. In this case, I was able to get Internet but it was creating multiple logins when other devices were connecting to the router.

I have some screenshots of the router pages but cant find an option to attach a file.

use imgur.com to upload

use imgur.com to upload
Done. Here is the link. imgur: the simple image sharer
The router is currently setup on Wireless ISP and:

- No internet when I connect a cable from LAN port of router to the LAN port of computer.
- Can only connect to the router using the default address for the router.
- Internet connected through WiFi but cant access the router page through WiFi.
- Other devices even though connected to the router, cant access internet. "Page cannot be displayed" error.

Weird router 😡

740N TP-Link...nice router with all the basic needs...get it..costs 750 odd bucks...but im sure you'll b happy...im using it with my Tikona connection
So i returned the Digiflip router and bought Netgear N300 with 2 antenae. Good router. Auto setup, can connect mutliple devices. No issues. Only thing is the range seems to be the same as Netgear 150 with 1 antenna. Digiflip range was really good.

i am not able to connect more than two devices with tikona isp. it asks for a login from all devices all try to connect. i am using iball baton wra150m adsl2+ wifi router modem. can please somebody help

If all wireless devices are connected to Tikona via the router only, then you can connect as many devices as the router permits. Tikona will detect the Router MAC only.
I have personally connected four mobiles, two tabs and two laptops simultaneously.

Hello to anyone who can find time to answer.

I should start off by saying that I have very limited technical-know how. I have learnt as much as i can in the last 5 hrs about wifi modems.
I am about to switch from MTNL to Tikona and all I wanted to confirm was that if I buy a wireless router[wireless without modem] then can I connect more than 2 devices to it using the MAC technique that is mention. The reason I asking this again above comment way back 2013.

Note : I intend to buy TP-Link TL-WR841N 300Mbps Wireless N Router [ TP-LINK TL-WR841N 300Mbps Wireless N Router - TP-LINK : Flipkart.com ]

Last edited by a moderator: