getting very low internet speed like 2g with bsnl 3g sim

outostioncen

ISP
idea 3g, vodafone 3g, bsnl 3g, bsnl home combo ul 750
hello friends, i need your help im using a bsnl 3g 128kb sim, i recharged with 3g data plans many times but never got speed more than 120kbps, i also talked to bsnl call center but they never helped me, few days ago i decided to recharge with 2g data plan, i.e, rs 270 with 10gb for 30 days because i found my money going waste by recharging expensive 3g data plans but after filing a complaint again i recharged to with one more 3g data plan i.e, rs 25 with 100mb for 3days but speed is still low, on other hand the network strength of bsnl 3g at my place in superb it show full wcdma/3g networks(i live in unnao, uttar pradesh), i tried two modems, Huawei O2 and micromax 352g both has 7.2mbps download speed capacity.please help

bsnl 3g speed is abysmally low and is lower than 2g speed of any 2nd grade network service provider. I live at Uttarpara of Hooghly district of WB

bsnl 3g speed is abysmally low and is lower than 2g speed of any 2nd grade network service provider. I live at Uttarpara of Hooghly district of WB

hi arabinda,
yes im agree with your thinking about bsnl, but its not exactly what u are saying, actually i have my own experience when i was getting about 4.6mbps speed by bsnl 3g(my current sim) but unfortunately it was for very short time, means they can!!!!!
while other hand, there r many privates companies whose 3g data plans are much higher speed is not like i mentioned above, and the most important point, their customer care department's response is very painful. so there are many merits and demerits of bsnl over private companies.

hello friends, i need your help im using a bsnl 3g 128kb sim, i recharged with 3g data plans many times but never got speed more than 120kbps, i also talked to bsnl call center but they never helped me, few days ago i decided to recharge with 2g data plan, i.e, rs 270 with 10gb for 30 days because i found my money going waste by recharging expensive 3g data plans but after filing a complaint again i recharged to with one more 3g data plan i.e, rs 25 with 100mb for 3days but speed is still low, on other hand the network strength of bsnl 3g at my place in superb it show full wcdma/3g networks(i live in unnao, uttar pradesh), i tried two modems, Huawei O2 and micromax 352g both has 7.2mbps download speed capacity.
please help

Truly speaking I took chance to invest in BSNL 3g SIM (even knowing fully about their limitations)on reports that it does work in certain areas, like you have said. But I was wrong. Now would you award hallmark to service provider whose efficiency is only area specific? That too, for an entity like BSNL who boasts omnipresence and overriding superiority? BSNL bears itself like an a typical Zamindar of bygone ages, with a blank eye to current trends and customers' expectations. Their operating personnel are also behave typical Govt employees without sympathy to customers and without any accountability.

hi arabinda,
yes im agree with your thinking about bsnl, but its not exactly what u are saying, actually i have my own experience when i was getting about 4.6mbps speed by bsnl 3g(my current sim) but unfortunately it was for very short time, means they can!!!!!
while other hand, there r many privates companies whose 3g data plans are much higher speed is not like i mentioned above, and the most important point, their customer care department's response is very painful. so there are many merits and demerits of bsnl over private companies.

Yes they can!!! only that it is not sustainable. The real thing is their service delivery efficiency or willingness to improve lags far behind that the other leading private service providers. At least they would respond to your need and try to address it to the best of their capacity. But BSNL with all potentials bears itself like a Zaminder of bygone age least caring about its customers' aspirations.

To get 3g speed on 3g sim, you have to do the FRC of rs 180 or whatever in ur circle (before any other recharge) when u buy the sim. Otherwise ur 3g speed wont start. One more thing never mix 2g and 3g recharge on same sim. If u r hoping to get 3g speed on 2g data balance then this not the way to do it.

thanks anurag, but i was getting 3g speed few days ago but from last 15days im not able to get 3g speed even after recharging with 3g data plan and i do not remember what was the FRC because its about 1 year past when i purchased this sim from bsnl office.and in idea u can use any plan 2g with 2g speed and 3g with 3g speed in same sim.now tell me the should i do now.

thanks anurag,
but i was getting 3g speed few days ago but from last 15days im not able to get 3g speed even after recharging with 3g data plan and i do not remember what was the FRC because its about 1 year past when i purchased this sim from bsnl office.
and in idea u can use any plan 2g with 2g speed and 3g with 3g speed in same sim.
now tell me the should i do now.

Your problem does not appear FRC specific. Like you said you work with your 3g enabled sim and under a 3g service covered area. Can you log in their 3g network? If so what is the signal strength. If you get the signal and still get an unexpectedly low speed, the problem is one of local connectivity. May be you will get better result if you change your present working position like moving up to an upper story or to a more open space. If you still fail, you can refer the matter to your local bsnl authority. But I don't expect that will be very fruitful.

thanx dear ,,,it really works, now i am getting 5mpbs average download speed at 3rd floor of my home and the peak speed is 7.1mbps, superb....

To get 3g speed on 3g sim, you have to do the FRC of rs 180 or whatever in ur circle (before any other recharge) when u buy the sim. Otherwise ur 3g speed wont start. One more thing never mix 2g and 3g recharge on same sim. If u r hoping to get 3g speed on 2g data balance then this not the way to do it.
I too bought a new 128K bsnl sim....and had done that frc 180 which promised 100Mb 3G data.....trust me i never crossed 128kbps even on 100% 3G connectivity....now i had recharged with 98 2G plan and speed still is 128kbps......so u never know with bsnl.....dont go for their 3g plans....they never gave 3g speeds....atleast in PATNA

param, u need to file a complain to bsnl vai your mobile or their website. but for 3g speed u will have to make 3g recharge..

i am new in bsnl network, i have chosen 199 roam plan, in this plan i got 50mb data, i have no idea whether this data is for 2g or 3g.. so i am browsing the internet and got to know that its giving 128kbps browsing speed... so i suddenly recharged 50rs for 200mb for 3g data.. it added to my old data value . but still i am getting 2g speed... please help me to know why this happening ?